Last visit was: It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Question about dual wielding/laminae duo combat school
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:44 am 

So I understand that dual wielding in arcanis is different, but I just wanted a clarification on the ruling. Since this combat school specifically states "Weapons: The Red Sword Fencing School’s Two Blades style uses two edged weapons of equal length, usually combining twin longswords or small swords." Does this mean that one who takes this feat for this combat school can also dual wield any two one-handed weapons even if they don't have the light property?

If so, would this happen to stack with a fury's warped one ability which reverts greatswords to 1handed, non-light weapons and allow them to dual-wield greatswords while in their warped state?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Question about dual wielding/laminae duo combat school
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:06 pm 

The last question, definite no. 2H weapons are still 2H for dual wielding purposes (Core 5E rule).

First Q, I don't have the book to check exact wordings and help.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:01 pm 

kresnik wrote:
So I understand that dual wielding in arcanis is different, but I just wanted a clarification on the ruling. Since this combat school specifically states "Weapons: The Red Sword Fencing School’s Two Blades style uses two edged weapons of equal length, usually combining twin longswords or small swords." Does this mean that one who takes this feat for this combat school can also dual wield any two one-handed weapons even if they don't have the light property?

Correct, read the Blanaced Hands technique, the top is flavor text, the rules are below.

kresnik wrote:
If so, would this happen to stack with a fury's warped one ability which reverts greatswords to 1handed, non-light weapons and allow them to dual-wield greatswords while in their warped state?

Seeing I would totally do that to the players.... have fun. I have seen someone use their Ibon special character this way.. it was interesting.

BTW I totally envisioned a warped one carrying a long sword and a great sword for this very purpose.

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:24 pm 

Would the Rage damage from Fury stack with Deadly Strike from the fighting style?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 pm 

I'm pretty sure it would stack with deadly strike since they are different sources of damage bonus.

Thank you for your feedback everyone. On a similar note-- do most campaigns actually use the optional large weapons rule (you can purchase a large weapon for 2x the listed price and it gets an extra damage dice, so a large longsword would deal 2d8 damage and I would assume that they would be considered non-light weapons for even large creatures so the fighting school would be mandatory to dual wield these as well)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:10 pm 

PeteZero wrote:
Would the Rage damage from Fury stack with Deadly Strike from the fighting style?

yep.

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey