Last visit was: It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 1:15 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:43 pm 

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 12:31 pm
Posts: 21
In the primer, val start with Bloodrank 1 and increase to 2 at 3rd level. They can also use the stat bump at levels 8, 12,16, and 19 to increase Bloodrank.

Does the val still get their 4th level stat bump, or is that consumed for the Bloodrank increase at level 3?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:18 pm 

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:52 am
Posts: 71
The way the rules are written, they still get the stat bump at 4th.

Interestingly enough, they have to avoid multiclassing to get their next bloodline power since the stat bumps are tied to your class level not your character level.

_________________
Lucas
Invisible King of Paldaris - Retired
Sir Ssanupeti "Gravedigger", Lord of Snakes, Level 5 Fighter/Tactician


Last edited by Paldaris on Sat May 06, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:27 pm 

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 12:31 pm
Posts: 21
Could you clarify what you mean? Since the stat bumps are tied to specific class levels and not character level, I would have thought multiclassing would be a very poor decision for a val....


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:16 pm 

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:52 am
Posts: 71
Sorry, typed faster than my thought process. Yes they do need to AVOID multiclassing to get the bumps.

_________________
Lucas
Invisible King of Paldaris - Retired
Sir Ssanupeti "Gravedigger", Lord of Snakes, Level 5 Fighter/Tactician


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 am 

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:44 pm
Posts: 103
CoryaniRebel wrote:
In the primer, val start with Bloodrank 1 and increase to 2 at 3rd level. They can also use the stat bump at levels 8, 12,16, and 19 to increase Bloodrank.

Does the val still get their 4th level stat bump, or is that consumed for the Bloodrank increase at level 3?


I believe the intent was to allow them to increase Blood Rank at level 4 too, but I will double check on that.

Stay tuned for an update.

_________________
James Vacca, Living Arcanis Campaign Coordinator

Kailandos, Keeper of the Word and Soldier of Retribution


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:14 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:37 pm
Posts: 785
Location: Michigan
Auroris wrote:
CoryaniRebel wrote:
In the primer, val start with Bloodrank 1 and increase to 2 at 3rd level. They can also use the stat bump at levels 8, 12,16, and 19 to increase Bloodrank.

Does the val still get their 4th level stat bump, or is that consumed for the Bloodrank increase at level 3?


I believe the intent was to allow them to increase Blood Rank at level 4 too, but I will double check on that.

Stay tuned for an update.


What about at 6th level for a fighter?

_________________
AKA Kavaris, awakened "Human" from the Hinterlands, psionic transmutation specialist, adventurer, and no one important


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:41 pm 

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:44 pm
Posts: 103
toodeep wrote:
Auroris wrote:
CoryaniRebel wrote:
In the primer, val start with Bloodrank 1 and increase to 2 at 3rd level. They can also use the stat bump at levels 8, 12,16, and 19 to increase Bloodrank.

Does the val still get their 4th level stat bump, or is that consumed for the Bloodrank increase at level 3?


I believe the intent was to allow them to increase Blood Rank at level 4 too, but I will double check on that.

Stay tuned for an update.


What about at 6th level for a fighter?


The val (and elorii for that matter) racial ability states the specific levels at which you can use your ABI for Blood Rank. That is intentional. Otherwise fighters would be able to use their extra ones.

You can only up your Blood Rank when the racial ability says you can.

_________________
James Vacca, Living Arcanis Campaign Coordinator

Kailandos, Keeper of the Word and Soldier of Retribution


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:46 am
Posts: 3
Thanks for the clarification!

_________________
Timm Booker

Rayderzz dath'Hassan, Armor of the Gods, Ashen Hide Champion of Nier (3rd/3.5)
Kaidoz val'Sosi, Embodiment of the Clutch, Albino Psion of Lore (5th)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:33 am 

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:54 am
Posts: 5
It doesn’t state that Elori get the bonus blood rank at level 3 that Val do.

Is that intentional?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Clarification, Bloodrank and Stat boosts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:05 pm 

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:13 pm
Posts: 4
Solzak wrote:
It doesn’t state that Elori get the bonus blood rank at level 3 that Val do.

Is that intentional?


Yes, Elorii have more base racial abilities then Val.. about equal to a bloodline power


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki