Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Legionnaire Armors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:06 pm 

Hi Pedro and company:

I know Pedro answered this before, but I can't find the answer and I would like something official.

Soldier/Legionnaire background starts a PC with some free equipment. Problem is that it starts a PC who is only proficient with medium armor with Lorica Squamata (chain mail) which is heavy armor. Pedro has previously said that such PC can have Lorica Hamata (chain shirt) instead, but this has never been corrected in the primer. So I can show my future GM's something semi-official, is this still the case?

Lorica Squamata for those proficient in Heavy Armor, Lorica Hamata for those wearing medium armor, and Lorica Musculata for Light Armor contingent?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Legionnaire Armors
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:10 am 

It wouldn't be far-fetched that said armor would be a Lorica Hamata (Chain Shirt) seeing that in standard D&D 5e a class that provides gear for a character with those proficiencies tends to offer a Med. and/or Hvy. armor. I'll nudge Pedro toward this thread for an official answer.

Alternatively (and officially), one can forgo equipment provided by Class & Background and opt to gain the max gold allowable for your chosen class (pg.7, 4th paragraph, left side column of the Living Arcanis Campaign Guide) to buy what you want (with in the allowable rules).

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:51 pm 

I understand that you can just buy a set of equipment, but for faster start and those who don't want to worry about buying stuff before their first game, it would be nice not to have to sell your useless armor and having to beg your quartermaster to sell you the right kind. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:48 pm 

Hawk Knight wrote:
Hi Pedro and company:

I know Pedro answered this before, but I can't find the answer and I would like something official.

Soldier/Legionnaire background starts a PC with some free equipment. Problem is that it starts a PC who is only proficient with medium armor with Lorica Squamata (chain mail) which is heavy armor. Pedro has previously said that such PC can have Lorica Hamata (chain shirt) instead, but this has never been corrected in the primer. So I can show my future GM's something semi-official, is this still the case?

Lorica Squamata for those proficient in Heavy Armor, Lorica Hamata for those wearing medium armor, and Lorica Musculata for Light Armor contingent?

this was fixed in the last update to the primer.. redown load the primer and take a look...

if not, get back to me and I will make a quick update

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:03 pm 

PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
Hawk Knight wrote:
Hi Pedro and company:

this was fixed in the last update to the primer.. redown load the primer and take a look...

if not, get back to me and I will make a quick update

Nope, not yet. Last primer update listed is from 10/25/2016.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:14 am 

Updated Primer can be found here http://paradigmconcepts.com/blog/free-a ... available/

Interesting to see that Former Legionnaires w/ Med. and/or Heavy armor now get a suit of Lorica Hamata (Chain shirt) instead of Lorica Squamata (Chain mail).

Also interesting to note that in FiM: Reforged, Lorica Squamata is Half-plate (another medium armor).

Something tells me the primer is gunna get another update :lol:

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:56 pm 

EddieS wrote:
Updated Primer can be found here http://paradigmconcepts.com/blog/free-a ... available/

Interesting to see that Former Legionnaires w/ Med. and/or Heavy armor now get a suit of Lorica Hamata (Chain shirt) instead of Lorica Squamata (Chain mail).

Also interesting to note that in FiM: Reforged, Lorica Squamata is Half-plate (another medium armor).

Something tells me the primer is gunna get another update :lol:

Sigh. Yes. Lorica Hamata was supposed to be for Medium Armor proficients, and Lorica Squamata for Heavy Armor wearers. Lorica Segmentata is equivalent of Half-Plate armor and that must be why it was adjusted from FiM.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:10 pm 

I (and some others) originally downloaded my primer from

http://www.paradigmcampaigns.com/Campai ... aspx?cid=3

Can you post updated version there as well, please?

Last edited by Hawk Knight on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:11 pm 

Hawk Knight wrote:
I (and some others) originally downloaded my primer from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lix2zclvGC4. Can you post updated version there as well.

. . . and what does the Primer have to do with the Guardians movie?

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:13 pm 

Nierite wrote:
Hawk Knight wrote:
I (and some others) originally downloaded my primer from

http://www.paradigmcampaigns.com/Campai ... aspx?cid=3

Can you post updated version there as well.

. . . and what does the Primer have to do with the Guardians movie?

Ooops. cut and paste error. LOL I fixed it :)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next