Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Available Adventures
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:17 pm 

Hi, I used to play Living Arcanis way back in the 3.5 days and am considering getting my gaming group back into it...

But I'm finding information about the available adventures quite confusing! Posts on here are referring to adventures being on your Living Arcanis website but when I follow the link I can't see any adventures to download. When I look for some of the adventures mentioned on here within drive through RPG, I can't find them. So can I check that I've tracked down all the available adventures please?

8 Introductory Adventures (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/25 ... son-Packet)

6 Adventures within the Codex of Adventures Vol 1 (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/24 ... ures-vol-I)

The first 8 adventures in the Coming of the Destroyer Arc

So just 22 adventures? With some of the adventures in the codex being higher level, is it even possible to reach those levels in the living campaign yet with so few adventures?

If that's the case, I think we might look to another campaign instead as we don't want to run out of adventures. But if there are more out there, could someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Adam

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Available Adventures
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:31 pm 

Hello Adam,

Yes, that's what's available for the Living Arcanis 5E campaign at this time.

I'm planning on releasing the rest of the Coming of the Destroyer story arc adventures in the next few weeks. That will be followed by the War of the Paragons story arc.

If you're looking for the volume of adventures that were available during the D20 hey-day or what's available now in the D&D Adventure League, then you may be better off looking at another campaign.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:52 pm 

Thank you Henry. Might give it a while to let you build up the number of adventures first then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:30 pm 

Adam

Are you only looking at 5e

The ARP (Arcanis Roleplaying Game) has more adventures released.

It is a good system that Henry and co have put together and I think there is close to 40 playable adventures (maybe more) in that system.

It follows the same story, just a little more alone in terms of released modules as its been running a number of years compared to 5e Arcanis which is just over a year really

Cheers

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:05 pm 

Probably just stick with 5e. Half our players are new to role-playing so the accessibility of 5e is good for them. Plus I foolishly bought the 5e Arcanis sourcebook, in my excitement of returning to living arcanis, before checking the availability of adventures.

It's fine, we can wait.

Will any of the soft points from year 2 be released before the war of paragons arc starts?

I think I've seen that some of the year 3 stuff is due to be run at a convention this month. Does that mean their release is imminent as well?

It would be really handy to have a list of adventures and links on where to buy them on your website, so that its easier for new players to get involved.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:44 am 

Slow module production and release has been a bane of Arcanis since the relaunch with the Crusade Arc.

I can understand your desire to wait for more mods...but I want to give you a heads up that there are just fewer mods this time round. Over the last 3 years I think PCI has put out 5-8 rounds of mods a year. That includes the BIs at origins which are often not released to the general public.

My personal recommendation would be to do the mods but also have another campaign you regularly do as well.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey