Last visit was: It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Intro Mods
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:02 pm 

Any idea of how long play time runs for these 5E Intro mods? Would it be possible to run two in an approximately eight hour time slot or would that be rushing things?

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Intro Mods
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:57 pm 

Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
Any idea of how long play time runs for these 5E Intro mods? Would it be possible to run two in an approximately eight hour time slot or would that be rushing things?

Well, from the ones I've played, which i believe are all intro mods. it usually takes.. 3 hours or so? The first one I played took only 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:32 pm 

Thanks Ryan. I have a group up in Dayton who is willing to try Arcanis 5E. We generally meet every other Monday from about noon to 8PM and I was wondering if we could get two intro mods in during that time. At this point that sounds likely. Since we only get to play at the most twice a month I want to maximize the time we have. FYI for any one in the area who is interested we would have at least two open slots since the basic group is five people counting me. :)

We most likely will fire up the 5E organized play sessions next month as we need to wrap up an ongoing Star Wars campaign.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:37 pm 

Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
Thanks Ryan. I have a group up in Dayton who is willing to try Arcanis 5E. We generally meet every other Monday from about noon to 8PM and I was wondering if we could get two intro mods in during that time. At this point that sounds likely. Since we only get to play at the most twice a month I want to maximize the time we have. FYI for any one in the area who is interested we would have at least two open slots since the basic group is five people counting me. :)

We most likely will fire up the 5E organized play sessions next month as we need to wrap up an ongoing Star Wars campaign.

It also depends on the number of players. The more people, the longer it may take for things to happen. So far our group has been 1-3 players per session. Not to mention being a dark-kin really shortens up those pesky dialog options to, Paint the town red with their blood.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:34 pm 

Hmm you do know they lynch dark-kin don't you? That is to say "actions have consequences." On the other hand sometimes the "direct method" is more fun than the "talky" method. Just remember that in Arcanis there ARE some fights you have to run away from...that is if you want the character and the party to survive. Always remember Rule 0...

Ask me about the mod Espionage next time we meet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:33 pm 

Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
Hmm you do know they lynch dark-kin don't you? That is to say "actions have consequences." On the other hand sometimes the "direct method" is more fun than the "talky" method. Just remember that in Arcanis there ARE some fights you have to run away from...that is if you want the character and the party to survive. Always remember Rule 0...

Ask me about the mod Espionage next time we meet.

I know that in living mods, i wont get lynched, lol. Or there will be significant warnings about possible lynchings before i just walk into it. Currently, playing APL 1 to 3 mods, painting the town red seems to be a option, so long as I can win the fights.

Now, to point something out, I've gone out of my way to be polite to the npcs in most of these mods. Oddly enough my character received the most respect and honorable treatment from a man in the hinterlands who hired him to find his sons corpse. They needed a foreigner who wasn't a part of their society to do it because of their culture and what not.

In the other 2 mods, I've faced open hostility and racism for being a dark-kin and in one mod it was me and an Ellorii, and literally nobody would talk to us, lol. So fighting and forcing npc to cooperate was basically our only option. We actually couldn't finish that mod, but luckily we still got the exp for it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:58 pm 

RexSplode wrote:
I know that in living mods, i wont get lynched, lol. Or there will be significant warnings about possible lynchings before i just walk into it. Currently, playing APL 1 to 3 mods, painting the town red seems to be a option, so long as I can win the fights.

Now, to point something out, I've gone out of my way to be polite to the npcs in most of these mods. Oddly enough my character received the most respect and honorable treatment from a man in the hinterlands who hired him to find his sons corpse. They needed a foreigner who wasn't a part of their society to do it because of their culture and what not.

In the other 2 mods, I've faced open hostility and racism for being a dark-kin and in one mod it was me and an Ellorii, and literally nobody would talk to us, lol. So fighting and forcing npc to cooperate was basically our only option. We actually couldn't finish that mod, but luckily we still got the exp for it.

While I think your analysis is generally correct I would warn you that mileage varies by judge and author. I think it's a little funny (and appropriate) that some NPCs won't talk much to a dark kin and an elorii. I also know some mods give characters enough rope to hang themselves with.

Glad you are enjoying the campaign so far!

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:31 am 

RexSplode wrote:
Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
We actually couldn't finish that mod, but luckily we still got the exp for it.

Was that because the mod had been written in such a way that a dark-kin couldn't manage it or due to bad choices made in game?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:54 am 

mininin wrote:
RexSplode wrote:
Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
We actually couldn't finish that mod, but luckily we still got the exp for it.

Was that because the mod had been written in such a way that a dark-kin couldn't manage it or due to bad choices made in game?

A mixture of both. The one npc that could give us the clue we needed refused to speak to us. We attempted to charm him 3 times, and he passes his save each time. Technically we could have rested and tried again, as we had him tied up. We didnt think about that though at the time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:09 pm 

The following 5e Adventures have been uploaded to the Campaign Website: http://www.paradigmcampaigns.com/Adventures.aspx?cid=3

LA-Intro 1-5: The Gleam of Fires, the Throb of Drums by Tony Nijssen

"War drums pound deep in the jungles of the Kraldjur Morass. A battle cry, a full throated howl of rage and anger, rises over a terrified scream. The scream is cut off, the cry fades... but the drums beat on."

LA-Intro 1-6: To Die Alone by Eric Gorman

"Almeric is a bleeding nation full of petty Princes and Princesses. One of them, now in the twilight of his years, wants help. It’s not immediately clear if he wants your help for himself, his heirs, or his town - Maren. This Prince promises rewards to those who provide aid …But even given your special abilities, what meaningful assistance can a few travelers give over a handful of days? In Almeric, whether you stay or try to walk away, it’s a good bet that trouble will find you."

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page 1, 2  Next