Last visit was: It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Warlocks and Cadic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:20 pm 

Hi, folks.

After a RL-induced hiatus from more than just a bit of dabbling, I and my friends are getting back into Arcanis, making new characters under the 5e rules.

Lots of changes, of course! One thing that has struck me is that Warlocks, which get little love in Arcanis world view, could be seen as being connected to Cadic, per his 'Shadow' aspect and connection. Cadic seems to be one of the few PoM deities who interacted (happily or not) with other planes. Many of the spells and powers of the warlock involve shadows and darkness - all Cadic trademarks.

Both the Pact of the Blade and the Archfey could be quite readily tweaked or justified to be from Cadic, it would seem. (Blade for the more martial aspect, Archfey for the shadow-hopping and beguiling practices).

Obviously, it's late in the game to be throwing this out, but does this make sense to anyone else?

Michael

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Warlocks and Cadic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:23 pm 

Hello Michael,

Very nice to have one of the premier Arcanis scholars from the D20 days back with us. Welcome back!

Warlocks as a class has been replaced by the Shaman class in Arcanis 5E. These are primal casters able to call upon the power of spirits (not souls) and use them as a conduit to create effects analogous to Arcane rites and Divine cants (the names we use for spells, depending on the source).

Cadicans have access to Divine cants, their bloodline powers, psionics as well as the Arcane, if they have the Gift.

Shamans are seen (story-wise) as inferior to priests, as (all things being equal) the power of the Gods is superior to those of the Spirits.

I hope this answers your question.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey