Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 7th Edition of CoC to be used in C:SA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:40 am 

Hello,

I just received word from Chaosium that we are authorized to use the new 7th Edition rules for Cthulhu: Strange Aeons.

So that settles that question! :-)

We're getting the Kickstarter ready for approval so it shouldn't be too long now.

I do have a few more details. We have a stellar group of writers to bring C:SA to you. A. Scott Glancy, Robert Schwalb, Oscar Rios, Jeffrey Moeller, and Sean Molley round out the writers of the Core books. Yes, "books" because there's just too much information for one , so the game is being broken up into an Investigator's Guide (estimated 160 pages) and a Keepers Guide (estimated 256 pages) with little to no repetition of material.

We're ironing out the final outlines of the books now. Once it's finalized I'll post it here if there's an interest for it.

As always, thank you for your interest!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 7th Edition of CoC to be used in C:SA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 am 

Glad to see that you will be using the 7e rules! It will save me a ton of work; I no longer need to convert to 7e. My group is switching over to 7e and this is a bonus for all of us!

Will you also be publishing adventures for the game? I find making adventures for any future based RPG hard to do. I am not a scifi fan nor care much about technology, not even own nor care to a cell phone, but do love the idea of Cthulhu in space :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 7th Edition of CoC to be used in C:SA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:58 am 

Hello,

Yes indeed.

As a Keeper from way back (early 80's) I know that the hardest thing to do is creating a compelling adventure for my players that's both entertaining and horrific. So our our first Stretch Goal will be an anthology of adventures for Cthulhu: Strange Aeons.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile