Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: learn martial tech change
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:25 pm 

To learn a Tier V technique, you must meet at least one of the following Technique combinations:

A minimum of:
A) 1 Tier IV
OR
B) Some combination totaling 5 Tiers worth of Techniques such as:
1 Tier III + 1 Tier II
1 Tier III + 2 Tier I
2 Tier II + 1 Tier I
1 Tier II + 3 Tier I
5 Tier I

Having the 1 Tier IV means you've also satisfied this requirement for that Technique...and so on...

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:54 pm 

Southernskies wrote:
Not quite, in both cases, to get a T4 technique, you need to have spent at least 3 talents on lower level techniques (in various combos) before you can take the T4.

More if you skip a Tier of techniques. The current wording just allows some variation in how you get there (many of the T3 techniques are a little lackluster compared to the T2 and even T1.)

That's not what "a number of Martial Techniques whose total tiers equal the Tier of the new Martial Technique." means.

(Tier of tech_A) + (Tier of tech_B) + ... >= (Tier of new tech)

You sum the tier value of the techniques the character has at present, that is the maximum tier of a talent they can learn. Or they can learn a tech from one tier lower than the desired tech.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:27 pm 

PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
SamhainIA wrote:
Quote:
Page 200 (Errata)
Learn Martial Technique
Change Requirements as follows (shown in bold)

Requirements: Weapon Training (any) (ta), additional requirements as listed under the individual Technique, In order to learn a Martial Technique of Tier II or higher, you must already know a Martial Technique one tier lower or a number of Martial Techniques whose total tiers equal the Tier of the new Martial Technique.
you original wording made it impossible to learn Tier 1 techniques, changes in bold
thank you..

what does everyone think?
I'd give it my stamp of approval.

:)
Scott

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6