Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Q&A Sarishan Sorcerer Priests and Divine Archetype
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:22 am 

Choices have consequences? If you want to jack up on Arcane Talents (including this talent), then you take the Arcane Archetype. If you want to boost up Devout talents, you then take the Divine Archetype. For example: You want to cast into melee, and you can take either Blessed Devotions or Arcane Accuracy. Blessed Devotions is, hands down, the better talent.

Personally, I'm fine if ASC: SPS is considered both Arcane and Divine or if it is not. I do NOT think that it should allow equal access to both Devout and Arcanum talents, however. You choose your archetype, and you are restricted to those. If you want to learn Devout talents, you then take something which unlocks them through another way (like, say, a Path). I think the ASC: SPS talent should say "You gain access to either Devout talents (if Divine Archetype) or Arcaum Talents (if Arcane Archetype).

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Q&A Sarishan Sorcerer Priests and Divine Archetype
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 am 

Nierite wrote:
Choices have consequences? If you want to jack up on Arcane Talents (including this talent), then you take the Arcane Archetype. If you want to boost up Devout talents, you then take the Divine Archetype. For example: You want to cast into melee, and you can take either Blessed Devotions or Arcane Accuracy. Blessed Devotions is, hands down, the better talent.

To be honest I'm tempted to keep the divine advancement table the way it is, yes it bones over Binders a little, but it's not like they can't work around it

Nierite wrote:
Personally, I'm fine if ASC: SPS is considered both Arcane and Divine or if it is not. I do NOT think that it should allow equal access to both Devout and Arcanum talents, however. You choose your archetype, and you are restricted to those. If you want to learn Devout talents, you then take something which unlocks them through another way (like, say, a Path). I think the ASC: SPS talent should say "You gain access to either Devout talents (if Divine Archetype) or Arcaum Talents (if Arcane Archetype).

This is where we disagree... Binders see magic very differently... its not how they where trained, it's how they think.

they can pull upon tradition (divine) and see the truth behind the cants, allowing them to modify them (Arcane)

if anything, their access to both will remain the same.

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2