Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jeggal Sag Eratta
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:18 am 

OK, from the rules discussion topic on Jeggal Sag, Henry has made it very clear that there are no Jeggal Sag cants, no temples, no templars, no access to devout talents through Jeggal Sag, and no divine Jeggal Sag characters at all. Jeggal Sag is (it seems) like the dead Elori gods, you can say you worship him, but there is no power coming from that worship. I could quote Henry all day long, but it's all there in the discussion. (And I was listening.)

So, I would like to propose the following Errata.

Arcanis Core Rulebook, Page 101, Under the section for Ss’ressen Deities, Remove the entry for Jeggal Sag.

Arcanis Core Rulebook, Page 101, replace the note at the bottom of the table with

† Characters who worship Anshar or Larissa and gain Armor proficiency in their deity's chosen armor gain the Masterful Defense Talent instead, while worshipers of The Fire Dragon and Kassegore gain the talent Dragon Hide instead. Jeggal Sag cannot be chosen as a patron deity.

Hopefully,this will clear up any confusion.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Jeggal Sag Eratta
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:48 am 

In the same vein. There should probably be a note if others such as Tzizhet, Kassengore, and Yig do or do not have cants (none have any cants in the Deity Tradition). They also are listed on the deity table but don't have deity specific cants in the Deity section and don't have rules for Holy champion in the core book (Yig does get a holy champion entry in CoH).

I think Kas and Yig should clearly be deities that grant divine spells, but I also thought Jeggal Sag was a deity too if only a lesser one. Tzizhet I could easily see falling into the same trap as Jeggal Sag and not being a real deity but having a large cult devoted to him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:09 am 

archangel wrote:
In the same vein. There should probably be a note if others such as Tzizhet, Kassengore, and Yig do or do not have cants (none have any cants in the Deity Tradition). They also are listed on the deity table but don't have deity specific cants in the Deity section and don't have rules for Holy champion in the core book (Yig does get a holy champion entry in CoH).

I think Kas and Yig should clearly be deities that grant divine spells, but I also thought Jeggal Sag was a deity too if only a lesser one. Tzizhet I could easily see falling into the same trap as Jeggal Sag and not being a real deity but having a large cult devoted to him.

Tzizhet probably has nasty screwed up cants .... But more importantly has an organization that goes beyond followers and mere cultists. There is a large politically powerful group in Abessios. Tzizhet almost certainly has templars and priests in background even if it turns out there are no cants....

Kassegore has unique cants (via Fire Dragon)
Yig gas unique cants (via Anshar)

These three are probably better off left in.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:30 am 

I think over all this is more of a campaign guide issue.

just because they dont have rules for it, doesnt mean they dont exsist, it just means you can create them.

Priests of Yig exsists for certain, they have anointed priests and Holy Champions ( CoH )

and Tzizhet well thats probably a Spolier

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:48 am 

val Holryn wrote:
archangel wrote:

Tzizhet probably has nasty screwed up cants .... But more importantly has an organization that goes beyond followers and mere cultists. There is a large politically powerful group in Abessios. Tzizhet almost certainly has templars and priests in background even if it turns out there are no cants....

Kassegore has unique cants (via Fire Dragon)
Yig gas unique cants (via Anshar)

These three are probably better off left in.

Correct... Tzizhet has some TWISTED cants, andKassegore and Yig are proper dirties.

BTW, I covered the Jeggal Sag issues in errata, will update soon

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:22 pm 

Since Jeggal Sag is basicly limited to one particular background, will there be any fixes so that worshippers of Jeggal Sag are not restricted only to the Expert Archetype with Shaman Initiate Background?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:31 pm 

lbxzero wrote:
Since Jeggal Sag is basicly limited to one particular background, will there be any fixes so that worshippers of Jeggal Sag are not restricted only to the Expert Archetype with Shaman Initiate Background?

Anyone can worship Jeggal Sag

heck you can start Martial and worship Jeggal Sag.. nothing stops you from taking the Shaman Initiate background as a Martial character.

Yes you may not be "as good as" the expert build.. but it's a choice.

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:27 pm 

PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
... nothing stops you from taking the Shaman Initiate background as a Martial character.

Yes there is as there is currently no method for male Ss'Ressen characters to acquire the Arcane(Shamanism) skill (or Adaptable talent) via Martial archetype, Regional acquirements, or Racial acquirements before reaching the Shaman Initiate background. Currently the only method is as mentioned above: Expert archetype and Shaman Initiate background

Now if you mean "Martial" character built from Expert Archtype, then thou art correct ;)

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:43 pm 

Jeggal Sag is an odd "corner case" or fringe element. Though important through his connection with Ssethric war beasts. Anyone can venerate Jeggal Sag ... but if you want to be one of his Disciples then yes you need to be Expert (for the talent Adaptable to meet the requirements of...) & Shaman Initiate.

Its an small specialized niche to fit into. It would be nice to have a path that lets you in eventually, but IMO it doesn't need a wider entry point at creation.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:34 pm 

PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
lbxzero wrote:

Anyone can worship Jeggal Sag

heck you can start Martial and worship Jeggal Sag.. nothing stops you from taking the Shaman Initiate background as a Martial character.

Yes you may not be "as good as" the expert build.. but it's a choice.

Character creation rules prohibit Martial ss'ressens from taking the background. Martial characters can't get the rank in Arcanum(Shamanism) until after background is selected.

Experts pull this off because they can take the Adaptable talent when selecting Archetype.

Hopefully the Ssthregore book will have a path option available.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page 1, 2  Next