Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: minitures FYI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:34 am 

If you are like me, you are always looking for that "One Figure" that perfectly matches your PC concept. However finding such a mini is always difficult as the major US manufactures of miniatures focus on the High Fantasy (DnD/Pathfinder) market. However there are now several 28mm historical miniature games that have miniatures that reflect the ethnic diversity of Onara, but they are produced in Europe where historical war games is more popular. I don't want to advertise other game company's on this website without an OK from someone of authority, and I don't want to single out one particular manufacturer. BUT you should be able to find many of the lines yourself by doing a Google, Amazon, or ebay search for "28mm Historical Miniatures"

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: minitures FYI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 pm 

I am less concerned with speaking about specific companies. Seeing as PCI is not in the miniature business, I can't imagine Henry & Co would have any issues with it.

Mierce Miniatures produces some very high quality miniatures for a Warhammer type game they produce. Their website is a little clunky, and they do make a lot of 'monstrous' minis, but it is definitely worth a look. For a good example of some of their line, take a look at Eirik Longaxe for a Skohir type character, or perhaps some of their Angelcynn line for the val'Dellenov.

Mierce Miniatures recently finished a very successful Kickstarter, for which a large number of very detailed minis are currently being produced. Take a look at their Byzantii units for some good legionnaire miniatures. One of the things I really like is the line of 'General' miniatures they are making, in which the same figure is sculpted both standing alone, and mounted. Scroll down about halfway on the Kickstarter page. I believe they are planning a second Kickstarter fairly soon.

Scibor Miniatures is another one worth mentioning. They have a line of really excellent dwarves, and the detail on all of their minis is outstanding. My only real criticism is that a lot of their armours are 'high fantasy', in so far as being large, and not realistic. They do have some minis that may be good for Witchhunter. These guys also make some really fantastic scenic bases.

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:33 pm 

Eric Hughes wrote:
If you are like me, you are always looking for that "One Figure" that perfectly matches your PC concept. However finding such a mini is always difficult as the major US manufactures of miniatures focus on the High Fantasy (DnD/Pathfinder) ...snip... BUT you should be able to find many of the lines yourself by doing a Google, Amazon, or ebay search for "28mm Historical Miniatures"

I find myself living in fear that there are historical mini makers who believe sometime in the past there were real armies of gnomish "head hunters" running around Europe... :P

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:02 pm 

Oozejumper was made from a Gollum mini and the head off of a Zombies figure. But never fear Eric. Ask, and you shall receive! An army of Corpulant, Buxum, Tultipetan Gnome's worshiping the Hedonistic side of the lady. Just add head.

http://store.warlordgames.com/collectio ... ne-maidens

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 am 

Eric Hughes wrote:
Oozejumper was made from a Gollum mini and the head off of a Zombies figure. But never fear Eric. Ask, and you shall receive! An army of Corpulant, Buxum, Tultipetan Gnome's worshiping the Hedonistic side of the lady. Just add head.

Click link: lose 1d8 SAN :o

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:01 am 

Eric Hughes wrote:

:shock: I guess you really can find *ANYTHING* on the way internet...but WHY is it you've taken the time to find THAT Eric?!? WHY? :P

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:10 am 
Eric Hughes wrote:

Huh.
I don't get it.
I see worse in Walmart. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:24 pm 

It seems like no one heard about this kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/he ... miniatures

I'm not sure how much roman (coryani) stuff they will have, but they will have standard fantasy, along with guns (wild west style) among other things that I think will work well with Arcanis. If you're willing to wait until later this year when they go live then I think it will be well worth your wait.

I got in on the kickstarter and I'm looking forward to making my Psionic Inquisitor mini with them, along with a Coryani Sarishian Sorcerer-Priest for my fiance.

Auraine Val'Abebi - Philosophic Warrior
Quintia Val'Mehan Delphinia - Psionic Inquisitor
Quin - Berokene dagger dual-weilder
Varinia Val'Mehan - Legionnaire Fighter, Apophic Spear weilder (d20)
Celes - Lifewarden (d20)

Offline Profile