Last visit was: It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Character Advice
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:54 pm 

aparmel528 wrote:
wHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO POST MY FORM FILLED pdf OF MY CHARACTER SHEET TO THIS THREAD?

Cheeky response: Not in all caps for sure :)
Actual response: I'd recommend not posting the PDF, but if you can post the relevant details in a text readable format that would be best. If you include your calculations that will help people see where your math might be off.

Something along the lines of the Character Creation Worksheet Format would work best.

======

Step 1: Envision your hero

Step 2: Choose your Archetype (Pg. 98)
Archetype:
Deity (optional, unless Divine):
Skills
Starting Skills:
Additional Skills:
Talents
Armor Proficiency:
Weapon Training:
Talents:

Step 3: Determine your heroes attribute scores (Pg. 102)
Point Buy Used: Heroic 40 points
Starting Attributes:
MI: PR: QU: VI:
CH: IN: LO: RE:

Step 4: Determine your Race (Pg. 106)
Race:
Attribute (+1):
Skills (+1):
Talents:
Automatic Languages:
Other Racial Qualities:

Step 5: Choose your Hero’s home nation and region (Pg. 122)
Nation/Region:
Skills (Choose Two) +1:
Native Language:
Literacy (Y / N):
Bonus Language:

Step 6: Choose your Background (Pg. 124)
Background:
Attribute:
Skills +1:
Talents:
Starting Gear:
Staring Coin:
Special:

Step 7: Train your Hero’s skills (Pg. 135)
Skill Points [Pass Lo + Pass Re +3]:
Trained Skills:
New Skills:

Step 8: Define your Hero’s Flaws (Optional) (Pg. 135)
Flaws (optional)
Flaw 1:
Additional Flaws:

Step 9: Select your Hero’s Talents (Pg. 170)
Talent:
Talent:
Bonus Talent: (Only if flaw is chosen)

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:01 pm 

To the thread? If you have a link to a Google Drive document, or google documents itself. I'm not the expert in that one though. Failing that, you can copy/paste your basic info into the text box and we can extrapolate from there.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:04 pm 

take a look in the contest thread, me personally i tend to share things from my Google drive "to anyone that has the link" as Read only or comment only sharing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:17 pm 

Apologies about the Caps Lock. Didn't review my post before I posted it. Recurring mistake. Would think I'd learn but have not yet. I will post some basics off of what John posted, then try to play with the google drive stuff to get more info up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:21 pm 

we all make those caps locks mistakes, don't mind mind John, he just razzing yah, besides, I'm gonna get PCI to nerf Darkin just to spite him (LOL)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:58 pm 

aparmel528 wrote:
wHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO POST MY FORM FILLED pdf OF MY CHARACTER SHEET TO THIS THREAD?

Simplest would likely be to post it on Google Drive or Dropbox and post the link in the forum.

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:11 pm 

Alright. I gave up on trying to do a text format character creation sheet on here. I had a couple people help me create my character as A) It is my first character and B) I am visually impaired. I cant really translate the creation sheet I have to how the one posted by John is. Too many things just don't line up due to being a different version of the sheet. Plus I have _1's written in after stats that I'm not sure where they came from. I tried to upload my form filled character sheet onto google drive. Don't know for sure if I did it right, so please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2lCa0 ... sp=sharing

Thanks for all your input guys,
Alex Parmelee
Player In Fort Wayne, Indiana

Tallus Octavius, Divine Healer of Illir, 1.1, 1.2 as soon as I sit down and do the level up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:19 pm 

SamhainIA wrote:
we all make those caps locks mistakes, don't mind mind John, he just razzing yah, besides, I'm gonna get PCI to nerf Darkin just to spite him (LOL)

You mean nerf them even more?! :) j/k.

Sorry today has been a stressful day at work so I was taking an opportunity to let off a bit of friendly razzing to calm me down.

I think the above format is good if you want people to critique or validate your build as it provides each step individually rather than just the 'total'

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:31 pm 

aparmel528 wrote:
Alright. I gave up on trying to do a text format character creation sheet on here. I had a couple people help me create my character as A) It is my first character and B) I am visually impaired. I cant really translate the creation sheet I have to how the one posted by John is. Too many things just don't line up due to being a different version of the sheet. Plus I have _1's written in after stats that I'm not sure where they came from. I tried to upload my form filled character sheet onto google drive. Don't know for sure if I did it right, so please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2lCa0 ... sp=sharing

Thanks for all your input guys,
Alex Parmelee
Player In Fort Wayne, Indiana

Tallus Octavius, Divine Healer of Illir, 1.1, 1.2 as soon as I sit down and do the level up.

A few things right off the bat:
1) You're missing a few spells. You get all the Universal (Which you might not have wanted to list), you get Rebuke (The special Divine one) and you get 1 more Benedictions spell (As your Primary you get 3).
2) I'd find some way to reduce your bulk. That 15 Avoidance might hurt more than you think if you plan on being in the front lines. Your bulk also puts a penalty on all non-attack Might, Prowess and Quickness Skills.
2b) There's little reason to take a 6 Logic at character generation unless you need it as a pre-requisite for something you're taking at character generation. The stats you want to try for are: 4, 5, and 7's. Options: Lower Logic to 5 raise Insight or Prowess. Take an heirloom suit of armor.
3) Stealth? :) Just curious with your speed and armor you aren't going to be moving fast or very quietly.
4) Looks like you're missing some talents. You get Prestidigitation as a free Talent for Divine. Human gives you 2 Talents, you get Weapon Mastery from Initiate, and then 3 from "Choose any talents" since you've chosen a flaw.

That's it for a quick look

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:54 pm 

Firstoff, what is Prestidigitation? It was listed on my Creation sheet, but not my character sheet? Second, I mentioned to my GM that heirloom had been suggested earlier in this thread, and he said theat he believe it was inefficient to take heirloom as you get heirloom later in the mods. We are at hardpoint 1.5 I believe. I am willing to go either way on heirloom, just don't know which way to go.
Third, Rebuke....never heard of it.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next