Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Optimization
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 pm 

Simple Maneuvers are things like Two-Weapon Fighting (without being trained), Charging, etc.

To make them Base maneuvers, you have to take the upgraded versions of them (Guarded Charge, Spinning Strike, etc).

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:16 pm 

Except that Trip Foe is Advanced, has speed +2(1), and does no damage. As others have mentioned, this sucks compared to Shield Slam. I would expect all of the weapons that qualify for Trip Foe to be far superior to a shield at tripping someone (but they aren't). At a minimum, I do think Trip Foe needs to be made a Base maneuver (instead of Advanced) - or, if that's deemed too powerful, then Shield Slam really needs to be Advanced (instead of Base).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:22 pm 

HEY, quit picking on shield slam

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:27 pm 

SamhainIA wrote:

For the record, I would not advocate for Shield Slam to get changed. I would just like the other option(s) made comparable.

I'd be thrilled if Trip Foe / Disarm Foe became base maneuvers after say +6 or so to the Melee skill.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:35 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
SamhainIA wrote:

For the record, I would not advocate for Shield Slam to get changed. I would just like the other option(s) made comparable.

I'd be thrilled if Trip Foe / Disarm Foe became base maneuvers after say +6 or so to the Melee skill.

John
Maybe the easier option is new maneuvers for trip weapons that are comparable to Shield Slam, although you'll have to wait for another book.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 pm 

deviknyte wrote:
John
Maybe the easier option is new maneuvers for trip weapons that are comparable to Shield Slam, although you'll have to wait for another book.[/quote]

Therein lies the rub :) I'd love to see more (and smaller) supplements put out. I have a lot of ideas, but don't think they'd fit into the big books PCI is launching.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm 

The old board had a short discussion about a campaign newsletter which didn't really go anywhere.

I'd certainly be willing to contribute to a 8-16 page pdf quarterly newsletter. I'd love to edit as well, but don't think I can commit the time reliably.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:21 pm 

Southernskies wrote:
The old board had a short discussion about a campaign newsletter which didn't really go anywhere.

I'd certainly be willing to contribute to a 8-16 page pdf quarterly newsletter. I'd love to edit as well, but don't think I can commit the time reliably.

This would be a great idea! I'd contribute and would help edit.

John

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4