Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Customized Advanced Maneuvers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:45 pm 

Single Melee Weapon

Sweeping Crush (Tier 1) - Josh Elliott
Base Maneuvers: Sweeping Strike + Crushing Blow
Weapons: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe, Buckler, Club, Flintlocks (all), Maces (All), Maul, Spike Chain, Tralian Hammer, Large Shield (Holmgang), Gladius (Dimachaerus Primus), Short Sword (Dimachaerus Primus)
Attack: Avoidance + Fortitude (Pr)
Speed (Recovery): +2 (3) or +1(4)
Range: Melee
Effect: Weapon; you may perform an attack against any two opponents within melee reach. Each attack must be rolled separately. You may attack an additional opponent within range once you reach +6 with any Melee skill specialization.
If your attack roll also surpasses your Target’s Fortitude, advance your Target’s Clock by Push 2.

Unbalancing Sweep (Tier 1) - Josh Elliott
Base Maneuvers: Unbalancing Strike + Sweeping Strike
Weapons: Any melee or unarmed
Attack: Discipline (Pr)
Speed (Recovery): +1 (6)
Effect: Weapon -3 damage; you gain a +2 to hit and add your Prowess Attribute Die as additional damage on your next attack against this foe.
You may perform this attack against any two opponents within melee reach. Each attack must be rolled separately. You may attack an additional opponent within range once you reach +6 with any Melee skill specialization.

Vital Whirlwind (Tier 3) - Southernskies
Base Maneuvers: Vital Strike + Whirlwind
Weapons: Any melee weapon or unarmed
Attack: Avoidance (Pr)
Speed (Recovery): +2 (4)
Effect: Weapon damage; you may perform a single attack against all opponents within melee range and deal an additional weapon damage die. Each attack must be rolled independently.
You must be facing at least three opponents in melee to utilize this Technique.

----------

Ranged Weapon

----------

Two-Weapon Fighting

Drunken Dance (Tier 1) - John Bellando
Base Maneuvers:Spinning Strikes + Unbalanced Attack
Attack: Discipline + Avoidance (Pr)
Speed (Recovery): +1 (6)
Effect: Weapon -3 damage; you may move an additional 5' before you perform your off-hand attack, gain a +2 to hit and add your Prowess Attribute Die as additional damage with your off-hand attack. If you successfully strike with your off-hand attack, you deal additional damage equal to your Passive Quickness +1.

Two-Weapon Tango (Tier 1) - A. J. Nicholson
Base Maneuvers: Lunge & Spinning Strikes (TWF)
Speed: +1 (3)
Effect: Weapon damage; you can move up to half your Pace before performing your main hand attack. Movement provided by this maneuver may trigger free strikes. You may move an additional 5’ before you perform your off-hand attack. If you successfully strike with your off-hand attack, you deal an additional damage equal to your Passive Quickness Value +1.
Special: This combat maneuver may not be combined with any other movement action.
Special: The Speed cost of this maneuver replaces the standard speed cost incurred by two-weapon fighting (edited)

Sweeping Spin (Tier 1) - Paul Gerwe
Base Maneuvers: Sweeping Strike + Spinning Strikes
Speed (Recovery): +1 (3)
Effect: Weapon; you may perform an attack against any two opponents within melee reach with your primary weapon. Each attack must be rolled separately. You may attack an additional opponent within range once you reach +6 with any Melee skill specialization. You may also move an additional 5' before you perform your off-hand attack against a single opponent. If you successfully strike with your off-hand attack, you deal an additional damage equal to your Passive Quickness Value +1.
Special: The Speed cost of this maneuver replaces the standard speed cost incurred by two-weapon fighting.

----------

Movement

----------

Shields

Ring the Bells (Tier 1) - Eric Gorman
Base Maneuvers: Edge of the Shield + Sweeping Strike
Weapons: Small Shield
Attack: Avoidance + Fortitude (Pr)
Speed (Recovery): +2 (4)
Range: Melee (2 or 3 targets)
Effect: Weapon damage; You may perform this maneuver on two targets that are within melee reach; roll an independent attack against each target. If you also surpass the target’s Fortitude with your attack roll then they are stunned and have their clocks pushed by 5. You may attack an additional opponent within range once you reach +6 with any Melee skill specialization.

----------

Arcane Strike

Elemental Sweep (Tier 1) - Eric Hughes
Base Maneuvers: Arcane Strike (Elemental Bolt) + Sweeping Strike
CTN: 21 or 24
2 Targets: Elemental Bolt [Adaptation: +1 Target]: CTN: 21, Speed (Strain): 6 (+4)
3 Targets: Elemental Bolt [Adaptation: 30' (10' Radius)]: CTN: 24, Speed (Strain): 6 (+6)
Weapons with Speed 3-6:
Speed (Recovery) (Strain) [2 Targets]: 6 (Weapon Speed+1) (+4)
Speed (Recovery) (Strain) [3 Targets]: 6 (Weapon Speed+1) (+6)
Weapons with Speed 7+:
Speed (Recovery) (Strain) [2 Targets]: Weapon Speed (7) (+4)
Speed (Recovery) (Strain) [3 Targets]: Weapon Speed (7) (+6)
Range: Melee (2 or 3 targets)
Effect: Weapon damage + d6 (Elemental); you may perform an attack against any two
opponents within melee reach doing weapon and elemental damage. Each attack must be rolled separately. You may attack an additional opponent within range once you reach +6 with any Melee skill specialization.
Adaptation: Increase the CTN by 3, and Strain by 1 to give a die bump to the spell die. This Adaptation may be applied multiple times.

Dissension in the Ranks (Tier 1) - John Bellando
Base Maneuvers: Arcane Strike (Enemy of my Enemy) + Sweeping Strike
CTN: 21
2 Targets: Enemy of my Enemy [Adaptation: +1 Target]: CTN: 21, Speed (Strain): 8 (+7)
Speed (Recovery) (Strain): 8 (Weapon Speed+1) (+7)
Range: Melee (2 targets)
Effect: Weapon damage; If you successfully affect your Target, upon his next action
he must attack the foe of your choice with extreme prejudice, up to and including casting through 4 points of strain. Both Targets (the Target of the illusion and the opponent you wish him to attack) must be clearly visible and within range.
Special: Once a Target is affected with this spell he gains a +3 bonus to his Defenses for the remainder of the Scene against this particular spell or any Advanced spell containing this spell.

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Last edited by Harliquinn on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Customized Advanced Maneuvers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 pm 

Reserved

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:21 pm 

Sweeping Crush. Why is limited to just the one fighting Style?

Lothair: "I don't understand, the invitations say Lothair plus one."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:29 pm 

MaurLysander wrote:
Sweeping Crush. Why is limited to just the one fighting Style?

With a shield it's limited to this fighting style, as only through Holmgang does Large Shield get Crushing Blow. I've modified the requirements to reflect this better.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:43 pm 

Then go ahead and add gladius (Dimachaerus Primus only), Short Sword (Dimachaerus Primus only)

Lothair: "I don't understand, the invitations say Lothair plus one."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:20 pm 

Elemental Sweep: Arcane Strike (Elemental Bolt) + Sweeping Strike
Category: Advanced
CTN: 18
Speed: 6(Recovery 5, Strain 4)
Powering your weapon with elemental damage, you sweep through the opposition as if like butter. Weapon+Spell(d6)+(Mi). Affect two targets in range or three targets if melee is +6 or better.
Adaptation: Increase the CTN by 3, and Strain by 1 to give a die bump to the spell die.

Mighty Chaos: Arcane Strike (Enemy of my Enemy) + Sweeping Strike
Category: Advanced
CTN: 18
Speed: 7(Recovery 7, Strain 7)
Effect: A long sweeping blow from the targets blind side, makes them think their friend is attacking them. Attack deals Weapon(Mi) damage. Affected targets must attack the designated ally with extreme prejudice to include casting through up to four points of strain. This attack affects two targets, or three targets if Melee skill is +6 or greater. Special: Once a target is affected by this maneuver is he gains a +3 bonus to Discipline against this spell, or any advanced maneuver or spell containing Enemy of My Enemy.

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:21 pm 

I'm a little uncertain if I am doing this right. Please check the above.

But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:37 pm 

Eric
It depends on the weapon, but here is what I came up with (Sweeping Strike is an insanely cheap maneuver for what it does). The key is you have to apply Arcane Strike first to the spell then combine the total of that with another BASE maneuver for the Advanced Maneuver.

Elemental Sweeping Arcane Strike (Speed X Weapon, X>3)
Speed with just Arcane Strike: X (Rec: 4, Str: +2)
Speed of Advanced Maneuver: X (Rec: 5, Str: +2)

Mighty Chaos Arcane Strike (Speed X Weapon, X < 7)
Speed with just Arcane Strike: 6 (Rec: X, Str: +2)
Speed of Advanced Maneuver: 6 (Rec: X+1, Str: +2)

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:54 pm 

First Question: Pardon my math ineptitude, but I don't understand your equation. So if I am using a Long Spear (A speed 6 weapon), what do the final numbers shake out to.

Second Question: Enemy of My Enemy is pretty powerful on its own. So, once adjusted correctly and legally, is MIGHTY CHAOS too mighty for the cost? I ask because I don't think Pedro had this combination in mind when writing Arcane Strike.

But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:31 pm 

Eric Hughes wrote:
First Question: Pardon my math ineptitude, but I don't understand your equation. So if I am using a Long Spear (A speed 6 weapon), what do the final numbers shake out to.

Second Question: Enemy of My Enemy is pretty powerful on its own. So, once adjusted correctly and legally, is MIGHTY CHAOS too mighty for the cost? I ask because I don't think Pedro had this combination in mind when writing Arcane Strike.

Elemental Sweeping Arcane Strike (Speed 6 Weapon)
Speed with just Arcane Strike: 6 (Rec: 4, Str: +2)
- The Arcane Strike Speed is the greater of the Weapon (6) or Spell (4) and the Recovery is the lesser of the two. Strain is that of the spell.
Speed of Sweeping Strikes Advanced Maneuver: 6 (Rec: 5, Str: +2)
- The Adv. Maneuver Speed (Recovery) uses the Slower Speed+Recovery between the two base maneuvers (with it's recovery) and adds on the Faster Maneuver's Speed as additional Recovery. Therefore the 1 (+2) of Sweeping Strike is the faster, so the speed 1 adds to the Recovery of the Arcane Strike, giving the above numbers.

Mighty Chaos Arcane Strike (Speed 6)
Speed with just Arcane Strike: 6 (Rec: 6, Str: +2)
Speed of Advanced Maneuver: 6 (Rec: 7, Str: +2)

There isn't a problem with Arcane Strike. The problem is that Sweeping Strike is a VERY VERY powerful 'must have' ability that is also VERY cheap [Speed: 1 (2)]. Combining it with anything is only going to up the Recovery by 1 since it's speed is pretty low (3 total when comparing to another maneuver).

John

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next