Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Submit your Advanced Spells!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:58 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
Question for those submitting (and utilizing hopefully) the advanced spells list. What is the best way to categorize these? Right now I have it by Source, but with all the cross source spells, it makes more ense perhaps to use my "type" category (healing, buffing, debuffing, direct damage, etc).

I can do it both ways if both are useful.

As for Elorii spells, if the spell is unique to Elorii, go ahead and apply the speed/ strain modifications. If the advanced spell can be cast by elder and another source, please list the speed/strain for both Elorii and non.

John

Hi John,

I like them by source.

As far as I know the speed modifier only applies to elorii spells of the Elemental and Creation domains that overlap with spells also available to Primal and Eldritch casters ... see pg 342, last paragraph. If an elder caster draws on Control or Transmutation traditions then there should be no speed adjustment.

@Josh. D'OH! Of course you're right, brittle bones doesn't play well with other spells vis a via combination. I should have caught that.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:59 pm 

you cant have cross source spells:

Quote:
both Base Spells must share the same Source, Duration, and Area (if applicable).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:24 pm 

SamhainIA wrote:
you cant have cross source spells:

Quote:
both Base Spells must share the same Source, Duration, and Area (if applicable).

Of course, but different sources can share traditions. Therefore if you're Elder using Creation/Elemental, your speed (strain) will be different than if you're Eldritch using the same.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:25 pm 

val Holryn wrote:
Harliquinn wrote:
Question for those submitting (and utilizing hopefully) the advanced spells list. What is the best way to categorize these? Right now I have it by Source, but with all the cross source spells, it makes more ense perhaps to use my "type" category (healing, buffing, debuffing, direct damage, etc).

I can do it both ways if both are useful.

As for Elorii spells, if the spell is unique to Elorii, go ahead and apply the speed/ strain modifications. If the advanced spell can be cast by elder and another source, please list the speed/strain for both Elorii and non.

John

Hi John,

I like them by source.

As far as I know the speed modifier only applies to elorii spells of the Elemental and Creation domains that overlap with spells also available to Primal and Eldritch casters ... see pg 342, last paragraph. If an elder caster draws on Control or Transmutation traditions then there should be no speed adjustment.

@Josh. D'OH! Of course you're right, brittle bones doesn't play well with other spells vis a via combination. I should have caught that.

The main issue with "by Source" is for those Advanced Spells that can be used by 2-3 sources. I don't want to clutter the post with duplicates.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:19 am 

At that point you need to go with function. I guess. I would recommend the categories: Damage, Buffing, Control (including debugging), Mobility, Info Gathering, & Summoning

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:58 am 

Thought about the names of the spells, I like Sarish's Furnace, but not Sarish Binds You, maybe Icy Webs - as everyone with creation can cast them and it is not a Sarishan specific spell as Sarish's Furnace.

Last edited by PeteZero on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:54 pm 

Dragonwarrior, when you get the spells in the right format with the right calculations post them and I'll get them added.

Thanks,
John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:58 pm 

Waiting for an official response to those I posted and will do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:05 pm 

official responses come very rarely, keep that in mind

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:21 pm 

I'd post what you *think* they do and let the community proof read :)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next