Last visit was: It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Cradle of Empires Rules and Character Rebuilds
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:14 pm 

The only rebuild for any of my characters is likely a talent switch for Eryk to take Arrow Storm fighting style.

As for other characters, I'm highly tempted to create Death Monger, Blood Guard, Soldier-Saint of Dagha, and Warrior of the Eternal Flame.

One oddity I noticed with Death Monger is that both the Divine archetype and Death Monger background give overlapping armor proficiency (so you gain nothing from the background armor).

I am least likely to create a WotEF since it doesn't get interesting until at least tier 3.

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:22 pm 

I wholeheartedly agree with the idea of providing these extra characters as pregens! Satisfy your creation lust and put them forward to get played :D

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:45 pm 

Depending on how the new arc shakes out I might build an Andyar from the Blessed Lands basin. A female human expert in light armor using a double spear. Based somewhat off the character Balsa from the anime Moribito. I always liked how she fought with the spear. The hardest thing for me would be to compartmentalize all the knowledge I have of the world beyond. I see her as knowing practically nothing of the wider world other that traveler's tales and vague legends. Still playing the wide eyed fish out of water character might be fun. Might take the mercenary background and say she served at Ft. Macha. That explains her training and still keeps her within the area. At the moment I haven't thought of what Path she might take. Possibly Grand Master.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:08 pm 

Nierite wrote:
Everything in that book is legal to play. [Caveats in Henry's follow-up quoted below.] You may build a character from the Blessed Lands. Deity worship is as standard. As such, you are entirely free to make a First City Death Monger who picks their spells from the Divine Trinity spell list.

I will say, however, that since we do not have rules for the Hunnai at this time [...,] you cannot have a human worshiper of Belisarda at this time. The Hunnai religion is NOT the same as the Elorii religion, and therefore you cannot simply use existing rules to cover their rather odd religion.

PCIHenry wrote:
Cody is correct.

However, [...] you cannot play characters from nations not specifically stated as available. So no Khitani, Dailish, Hunai, etc.

Additionally, the Tultipetan dwarf is restricted to those that have the certificate allowing them to do so.

These rules really need to be added to the Legends of Arcanis campaign rules document, which is long overdue for an update anyway. We shouldn't count on all players to read this forum thread to know what's legal, and that will lead to many people going by faulty memories or hearsay as opposed to a clear-cut simple rules document.

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:14 am 

Nierite wrote:
Like Warrior of the Eternal Flame, you have to complete story events to qualify for the higher Paths (similar to what was done with the Warriors of the Eternal Flame in the previous campaign).

Couldn't a character that played through the Crusade arc have gone through the pillar in Erduk (at a minimum)?

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:50 am 

Do they have campaign documentation to specify that they have not only passed through it, but survived? If not, then no.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:40 pm 

In the 3.5 campaign there was a special solo-module that was released. A player could enter the Canceri flame and receive a special cert that showed they have survived. And yes you could quite easily permanently die in the module. I won't say more in case there is a decision to re-release it.

We were told there would be 4 more solo modules released (one for each pillar) so players could complete the Warrior of the Eternal Flame Prestige Class.

Campaign documentation has always been required for the Pillars of Nier.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3