Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Paths when your source is Sorcerer Priest of Sarish
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:46 pm 

blackthorn wrote:
:snip:
Hi Talen Drake,

I should have responded to this earlier but a couple items of note / interest:

1. There is technically no Temple of Sarish specifically in Blackwand. Blackwand has the only ancient, yet active Pantheonist Church in the Western lands representing every God with but one order of priests and monks (according to Codex Arcanis).

Ok, so all I have ever found on Blackwand and churches is very vague. Henry ruled that the League of Princes follows the Mother Church of Coryan. Is this temple in Blackwand a Mother Church temple? Or is it an Orthodoxy church? Would they have High Priests?

blackthorn wrote:
2. Your Mother, being a member of the Order of Yhrki, is currently being hunted down by the Royal House of Sungha on charges of treason (I believe you can get the details of it in Western Lands writeup of the main rule book). I had introduced an NPC, a 'living saint' amongst the Kio in "Once Upon A Time in Metra' who is responsible for hunting down the members of the Order, dead or alive.. I hope to go back to that plot one of these days.

That just makes it more delicious. I was actually aware of the outlawing by Pajaro for their Paladin-esque stop atrocities approach to the war against Coryani. It would be epic to encounter this fellow.

aka Kaylith Dracul val'Sungha, Templar of Sarish

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Paths when your source is Sorcerer Priest of Sarish
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:58 pm 

Mother Church is NOT Pantheonistic, therefore the Blackwand Temple (and only the Blackwand Temple) is NOT Mother Church of Coryan. Of course, that argument raises some interesting questions re: Orthodoxy members who take their special Path. . .

Then again, a lot of the "Your sect" choices seem to be completely subjective rather than mechanical. After all, there really is not real difference between the Milandric Orthodox Church and the Mother Church of Coryan from a straight Dogma point of view (disagreements about liberal attitudes and a general aversion to Nier and Neroth, and less so with Sarish), so any separation between them is in the mind of the person involved. As such, if you SAY you are a member of the Mother Church, and consider yourself to be in the Mother Church, than spells that only target 'your sect' would only target Mother Church.

Egads magical metaphysics!

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3