Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The wish list
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:34 am 

archangel wrote:
So as players what things are on your wishlist to be included in future books? Keep in mind guys this isn't to make demands, but if they happen to have a page or so of space in a future book what would you want there.

A few pages?

Rules for the creation of Environmental Trials. They get a brief mention in the Bestiary ... but we have no idea how to build and value one with encounters. =/

For a few pages there is nothing more that I want (and for me putting that ahead of maps is saying something).

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:55 am 

wilcoxon wrote:
Yep and I'm fine with that. I'd be fine with splitting facts from "we think this happened" (true or not) but I'd also be fine with everything listed together (so it's more unclear what's true and what's only thought to be true). I'd love something like a bulleted list of brief "facts" and a reference where to read more about it.

So I've been toying around with this idea for a while, now. And I finally decided to kick it off. I started this timeline wiki.... http://arcanistimeline.wikidot.com/

There's only a few items in it at the moment. And I've only pulled items that are listed in the free Codex Arcanis PDF. (mostly I'm copying from the timeline on page 15.) What I don't want this to turn into is an online version of PCI copyrighted material or spoilers. (So if PCI has any objections to what''s out there, just let me know and I'll close it down.) Right now, I'm the only editor. And like I said, it's just a fraction of the information that it could contain. But is this what you had in mind?

Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:12 am 

DeadZone wrote:
But is this what you had in mind?

Yes. For the timeline piece, that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Now if it were only more complete... ;-P

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:28 am 

Ssethregore also has a good timeline in it

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:44 pm 

Nierite wrote:
Ssethregore also has a good timeline in it

That was sort of my point. There are a few timelines in various books and further details in text. I'd love to see it consolidated into a useful single timeline. There is (or at least was) an insanely detailed timeline online for Shadowrun that pulled minimal "historic" details from every available source. This is the type of thing I'd love to see and, as long as the details were pretty basic (and reference the actual source), I don't think PCI would have an issue (but only they can answer that for sure).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:15 am 

Tell you what... Let's give PCI a little bit more time to notice this thread. And if we don't hear from them within a few more days, contact me. I'll add you as a contributor to the timeline and you can help fill it in with any freely available information. Sound good?

Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:03 pm 

Hello Scott,

What exactly is it that you'd like me to respond to?

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:47 pm 

Oh. Just that as a result of this thread and a similar thought I'd had for a while, I started this wiki timeline: http://arcanistimeline.wikidot.com/

My intention is to only have in it things that are "common knowledge" or things that are listed in the Codex Arcanis (which is a free download.) The last thing I want is for this to become any kind of substitute for purchasing a printed product (or a container for spoilers), so I intend to exclude anything that comes from one of those products. But since this is all copyrighted PCI material, I wanted to give you time to see the thread and the timeline tell me if you'd prefer that such a thing remain exclusive to the Codex Arcanis. (Which is where all of the current content is from. Roughly page 15 and 213 or so.)

In a nutshell, I wanted to know if I should close the timeline down or if it's okay to proceed.

Thanks,
Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:24 pm 

Hello Scott,

DeadZone wrote:
In a nutshell, I wanted to know if I should close the timeline down or if it's okay to proceed.

This seems alright. However, like most of the Codex, it's written with inherit biases and errors, so keep in mind that the data therein is not written in stone.

Have fun!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:23 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:

This seems alright. However, like most of the Codex, it's written with inherit biases and errors, so keep in mind that the data therein is not written in stone.

I can't begin to say how much I love the fact that Henry writes in this style. Yes, it is not concrete and causes confusion, but that is what I enjoy shifting through. Although I do not have the steel-trap memory of others (*cough* Cody), I have been into Arcanis for a long time and I still get surprised by new "facts" all the time.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next