Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Rogue One (my thoughts)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:55 pm 

Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
??? Let's see Tantive IV leaves the scene of the battle and it's pretty obvious Vader will be in hot pursuit shortly. Fade to battle over Tatooine. How is that not a pretty smooth and obvious transition? Don't see a disconnect here. Now we can discuss why here ship was in the hanger of the Alliance flagship but that's another discussion.

Now if you want to glare at Lucas...well there's that whole issue of Han shot first! :)

And while I overall enjoyed I-III they could have been MUCH better with an improved script, better actors and more importantly a better director at the helm. But I liked the overall story arc.

1. A significant lack of Bothans...
2. The general feeling I tend to have from ANH that the alliance knows nothing about the DS until the plans show up. May not be correct, but that is my feeling.
3. Leia's declarations in ANH of Tantive being a consular ship. Pretty damn blatant lie, given R1.

Its a number of small things that taken all together lead me to just not quite like it. Little inconsistencies that will likely continue to bother me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:59 am 

Major note about Bothans...

That is from "Return of the Jedi" about the Death Star II plans and build location. Nothing to do with Death Star I.

Palpatine had to make the information leak 'plausable' and wiping out a lot of Bothans was his idea of fun to sell the trap.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:11 pm 

The Bothans were likely part of the Bothan SpyNet and a plausible group for Palpatine to "leak" the plans to. Killing a bunch of them when the leak was "discovered" only enhanced to credibility of the leaked plans. At least that's how I see it.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2