Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Origins 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:17 pm 

Hi all,

We are starting the planning work for Origins 2014. If you intend to volunteer as a GM, please do not register with Origins at this time. You will get a code that makes your badge free (assuming you sign up for sufficient slots).

It is much easier to use the code, than for me to arrange a refund on your badge (and it keeps the staff at GAMA happy, which is a good thing).

I will update / add more details here as further details become available, and when we are ready to open volunteer signup.

Judge signup is open as of March 1, 2014.
You can signup at: http://www.westboundshark.com/EventManager

Events
LA-HP2-6: The Mountain and the Phoenix
A power struggle between the Khitani military and the Jial of the Phoenix finds the Heroes delving into a mysterious ruin where ancient secrets are uncovered and the fate of thousands depends on a mysterious jade box. A Legends of Arcanis adventure by Henry Lopez.

LA-HP2-7: A Tale of Three Brothers
The First City is in a near panic as victims appear ritualistically butchered and the answer of who the killer is and what he wants may lie in the long lost tale of the three brothers, Subali, Subalay, Subalo. A Legends of Arcanis adventure by Henry Lopez.

LA-HP2-8: Sweeping the Board Clean
Things come to a head as the puppet master behind a number of seemingly unrelated events proceeds to the end game, sweeping the board clean of all that may oppose him. A Legends of Arcanis adventure by Henry Lopez.

LA-HP2-9-BI: Make a Fist Before Striking
The battle is joined and the fate of the First City hangs in the balance. Only one thing is certain – no matter the victor, the Blessed Lands and all the Known Lands, will never be the same again. A Legends of Arcanis Battle Interactive event.

WHR HP 1-06 Forgive Us Our Trespasses
Someone is hunting London’s Witch Hunters. Someone who knows about the Council of Whispers itself. A Witch Hunter: Revelations Module

WHR HP 1-07 The Pounding of Drums
The Coven of the Dark Canticle is coming for the Genesis Stone. Who can the Witch Hunters trust when some of their own have turned against them? A Witch Hunter: Revelations Module

WHR SP 1-02 The Copse
A Lightbringer has discovered a plot to create ships bearing the souls of the damned and seeks your assistance in stopping it. A Witch Hunter: Revelations Module

Ipswitch Calling *
Set in the small seaside town of Ipswitch Massachusetts, The townsfolk must unravel the mystery surrounding  the unexplained murders and disappearances that plague their town.  Players will play as the various townsfolk and also the Witch hunters who have been sent here to investigate. A WitchHunter Live Action event.

The Storm *
Their is a chill touch to the air of the New World.The Adversary is planning to draw something new into the age old conflict, and the unsung heroes of this new world must do their best to stop it. All the various orders of Witch Hunters are being called together, in the north of Pennsylvania in order to discuss what to do about this unknown threat. Players will play as Witch Hunters in this exciting action and drama filled event. A WitchHunter Live Action event.

Trouble in Paradigm City
Silence rings out from a former enclave, and who but the heroes would be asked to go find out the fate of others? Can you piece together what happened and prevent it from happening again? A Rotted Capes adventure presented by Paradigm Concepts.

* The WitchHunter Campaign staff will indicate whether these events are playable as part of the campaign. These events are being handled in a special way this year, and currently, no volunteers are needed for them.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Origins 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:32 pm 

How many slots do we need to judge for a free badge?

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:29 am 

It will be 4 slots for a badge, 8 slots for badge + extra (being one of: hotel, vouchers, 2nd badge)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:50 pm 

Volunteer Signup (despite not being fully open yet) will be here:
http://westboundshark.com/EventManager/

I've corrected some of the bugs I noted last year, and a few more improvements may be published up to the site over this week. Notably, if logged in you should be able to change your password.

Features that I'm hoping to add (that will be visible to all users):

- Lost account recovery (lost username / lost password).
- Cleaner UI for event signup.

If you have suggestions, feel free to PM them to me (please don't clutter this thread up with suggestions). Similarly, if you need an account reset/etc, please PM me about it and I'll do what I can to assist (I don't have full tools for that yet... part of what I'm working on for me).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:01 pm 

I'm locking this topic. This is the thread that I want to use to manage all the judge signup. If you want to discuss offerings (potential at this time until announced) please create a new thread to do so.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:37 pm 

Hi all,

At Origins this year there are new adventure offerings for WitchHunter, Legends of Arcanis and Rotted Capes.

Additionally, there are LARP events being run for WitchHunter on Thursday and Friday evenings (these events may be found under 'LARP' in the Origins ticketing system, not 'Roleplaying' like the others).

I will post full details of the events tomorrow, but for now, the full schedule can be viewed on the judge signup site. So yes, Judge signup is open now.

http://www.westboundshark.com/EventManager

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 am 

I have now posted the event descriptions (see the first post).

We still need many judges, so please do head over and sign up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:17 pm 

Whilst we have had some judges sign-up, I still need more to do so. Even if you are only free for a slot or two, please do go signup for what you can help with.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:43 pm 

I have sent the initial information about obtaining judging rewards off to people who qualify.

IF you do not see the email from me about it, and think you should qualify, please email me (PMs also work, although I check those less frequently).

We do also still need judges, so if you are on the edge, please do consider going and signing up.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric