Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ArcanisCon 2020 Canceled
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:44 pm 

I must regrettably inform you that ArcanisCon 2020 is canceled and postponed until 2021.

After meeting with my business partners, I can report that we all agreed that the health and safety of our players and GMs is of the utmost importance to us. Many in our community are over the age of 50 or have health issues that has or could compromise their immune system. Others, while perfectly healthy, can be potential carries and infect family members that are in the high-risk category.

All in all, it’s just not worth the risk to everyone.

We live in an unprecedented time and we must act responsibly and accordingly.

I know this is disappointing to many of you. I assure you, no one is more disappointed than I (and the rest of the Arcanis Staff) am/are. But, at the end of the day, this is the right thing to do.

ArcanisCon will not be held this year, but we have every intention of holding it next year as close to the same dates as possible as well as at the same location. Peter and his sales team are looking forward to us holding the event at their hotel.

It is appropriate that our first ArcanisCon will now be held on the company’s 20th Anniversary. We plan to do something special for that and I hope you will join us.

I want to thank you for the support and enthusiasm you’ve shown us over the years, and I hope to see you at ArcanisCon 2021 next year.

Stay safe and watch out for one another.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: ArcanisCon 2020 Canceled
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:17 pm 

Since the event is canceled, will the modules and special events planned for release this event become available at a later date?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigismund Jupiter val'Holryn von Tralia

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: ArcanisCon 2020 Canceled
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:34 pm 

A very large bummer to have confirmed that ArcanisCon will be axed this year. But also, I don't really think there was much of a choice in the matter - if it's bad enough that professional sports is tying itself in knots and Disney is closing down its theme parks, then I don't need more tea leaves to tell we're not anywhere near business as usual.

I will miss seeing everyone in the Arcanis Family this year! Hope you are all healthy and stay that way!

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile