Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Where would you like to see Arcanis/Witchhunter run?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:11 pm 

I am in the process of trying to compile a calendar for conventions that people would like to see Arcanis/Witchhunter run at. Please post if you know of any (especially dates). If you happen to have con organizer emails, websites, etc...please feel free to PM me.

Obviously, we cannot guarantee a presence at all the cons but we hope to get participation into as many as possible, based on volunteers.

Currently, the ones I have listed are:
Arcanicon
Origins
Gencon
Winter Fantasy
CodCon
Marcon
Dragoncon
Genghiscon
Tacticon
Dan's Con of the Vale
Milwaukee Summer Revel
Ucon

With the exception of Genghiscon, Tacticon, and Dragoncon the bulk of these lie in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. So, it would be great to expand to the south and east/west coasts.

Also, Arcaniacs from across both ponds can feel free to chime in as well...I guess we can include Arcanis addicts from the great frozen tundra to the north. (I will find a way to go to the Great White North if someone offers travel arrangements, lodging, and BBQed maple-glazed moosemeat)

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Where would you like to see Arcanis/Witchhunter run?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:32 pm 

There might be enough players in Edmonton for a small con attendance. We recently moved, and it would be relatively easy for me to make it to Edmonton for something like this.

Cody would know better than I what conventions are held there.

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:18 pm 

Actually, Calgary would be a better city in Canada for a convention as there are basically no Arcanis Players here in Edmonton, but a fairly decent sized group in Calgary. The person to contact there would be ABHarvester (though The Vault is more active on the forums). In terms of conventions there is the Calgary Comic Expo, but that one doesn't have a strong RPG focus from my understanding. There is also another one of these Western Canada Conventions in Edmonton (as well as in Regina and Saskatoon), but these are much smaller than the Calgary one.

Additionally, Saskatoon still has a number of Arcanis players in it, though moreso players of the 3.5 campaign. Might be a good place to get a 5ed group going, though.

Also in Edmonton we have a few local cons more focused on Board Games (GOBfest, Gamalot, etc) that could work here, though as I said I do not think there is enough local interest.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:36 pm 

I'd like to second having Arcanis visit the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo (CCEE). (http://www.calgaryexpo.com/) (Occurs mid-late April)
Like Nierite said, there is a good size group of us here in Calgary that play Arcanis, and almost everyone who plays Arcanis also goes to that Convention. I haven't gone to any RPG gaming at CCEE, so I'm not sure how much there is, but if Arcanis does come to this convention you would definitely get us locals showing up for the event.
Plus I like to think that Calgary is a good mid-point for western Canada, and from my understanding is one of the larger conventions in western Canada, so lots of people from other places could attend and/or will be there.

Also I should mention, over the past couple years there has been talk within the Calgary group of having our own mini-Arcanis convention so that we could justify getting the BIs here. lol There is definitely interest.

Another Canadian option could be Fan Expo in Toronto. (Occurs late August) I've been to that convention a few times. From what I've heard it's the biggest in Canada, and has a good RPG gaming area. Arcanis could fit in there as well, but I don't know how many people in Ontario play Arcanis, and I'm not sure how many people from the active Calgary group would be able to go to Fan Expo. So I'm unsure of what the turnout would be.

That's my two cents.

Auraine Val'Abebi - Philosophic Warrior
Quintia Val'Mehan Delphinia - Psionic Inquisitor
Quin - Berokene dagger dual-weilder
Varinia Val'Mehan - Legionnaire Fighter, Apophic Spear weilder (d20)
Celes - Lifewarden (d20)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:19 pm 

PAX in Seatle?

We already do 6-8 tables of Arcanis at GAMESTORM in Portland.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:00 pm 

Dragon Con in Atlanta has a large amount of gaming, and the con grows every year. It used to have great Arcanis presence when Atlanta had a strong Arcanis player base. Even the first couple years of ARPG had Arcanis, but it's looking like this may be another year with none at all. It may be too late to arrange for this year (Labor Day weekend), but if not then I could be convinced to run some games there.

Dragon Con's gaming website (http://gaming.dragoncon.org/) says the following:
Quote:
If you have any general or registration-related questions please contact me.
Shy Aberman
Director of Gaming Registration
Dragon Con 2015
gamingregistration@dragoncon.org

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:10 pm 

A question to this: Beyond official support in providing adventures, are there any chances of special events being created for these other cons? For example, a LARP or a BI? I am fine with the "Big Events" finding their ways only into Origins and GenCon, but even a yearly "Con Special" like a LARP, a smaller battle, or a Dungeon Crawl that can only be played at cons might be interesting.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:59 pm 

Attentea wrote:
over the past couple years there has been talk within the Calgary group of having our own mini-Arcanis convention so that we could justify getting the BIs here. lol There is definitely interest...Another Canadian option could be Fan Expo in Toronto.

Just throwing it out there, but if there were an 'Arcanicon North', it would be far easier for me to get to than any of the US conventions.

I'm sure there are at least a couple of American players who would be willing to take advantage of the exchange rate to come play north of the border.

Nierite wrote:
A question to this: Beyond official support in providing adventures, are there any chances of special events being created for these other cons? For example, a LARP or a BI? I am fine with the "Big Events" finding their ways only into Origins and GenCon, but even a yearly "Con Special" like a LARP, a smaller battle, or a Dungeon Crawl that can only be played at cons might be interesting.

Just as an addendum onto this, if PCI staff has too much on their plate to write a special event for another convention, would they consider authorizing someone else to write an event? If someone else writes it and PCI staff reviews/signs off on it, might be the best of both worlds.

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:49 pm 

Nierite wrote:

There is a general dearth of material to play in the campaign. So I am against putting finite resources into Special Events for any "one shot," other than the flagship events of Arcaniscon and Origins. IMO that energy would be much better spent making mods that are generally available.

On the other hand I would be willing to think about special events formatted in the old "Weekend in [X]" formats. A special mod or other event that traveled and was only available either through local conventions or at public gamedays hosted by campaign staff (and maybe people like the old IKs or Harvesters) might be useful to support region efforts and reward the core of the player base that can't make it to Arcaniscon or Origins.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Last edited by val Holryn on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:50 pm 

I'd love to see some Arcanis at Con of the North around the Twin Cities in MN. I know there's a lot of Arcanis players locally (only a few are on these boards).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next