Last visit was: It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Origins 2015
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:15 pm 

:laughs maniacally at the BI participants: :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:26 am 

Wanted to say thanks to all of the staff and volunteers--especially the BI judges--for another great Origins. Amanda and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:37 am 

I had a fun time at Origins. Thanks to the various tables I ran for keeping me on my toes and finding new and creative ways of getting through things. Thanks for all the many volunteers and GMs who helped make it a good experience for all. It was good to see old friends and make new ones. Looking forward to the next time we meet.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:34 am 

First I want to say thanks to the Henry and the PCI staff for making this an extremely enjoyable con. Also a big shout out to Matt Flinn who ran our BI table and Tony Nijssen who stepped in to run HP 9 for us. Also Tony gave my Beltinian fits with the soft point ( :o :shock: :twisted: ), you know why good sir! :) I also want to give a big thanks to the players who tolerated my GMing, you are much appreciated since with every table run I gain new insights into running this game. I also want to thank Jimmy Beck for waving all that great "meat" in front of my priest, all things considered this BI was more relevant to my character than many in the past. As for the LARP while I still don't like the format I still had fun being the "conscience of the king" as it were. Thanks Joe! If I left anybody out my apologies. Take care all and see you next year!

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:31 pm 

Yes. Thanks to staff and judges. I enjoyed all of the mods and BI this year (other than my dice deciding they hated me in scene 8 of the BI).

Also thanks to BEAST for letting me play with their table at the BI. It was a lot of fun playing at an all-Ssressen table.

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:38 pm 

Totally enjoyed the Arcanis games at Origins, so much that I cancelled some tickets at GenCon to get in on HP 9 and 10 while I am there! So I might be seeing some of you again on that Saturday.

I'll also give my thanks to several of the players from BEAST for helping me get my feet wet during my first two games, giving me pointers and background information about the campaign, and keeping me from getting smushed to pieces. :)

- Sestius Ovidius Crixus - Former Gladiator of the Empire (Martial 1.6)
- Many more to come! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:16 pm 

Thanks to all of you who both played with me and were at my tables for HP9 and the the BI! I'd also like to give a shout-out to my Elorii and Undir allies in reclaiming the cultural heritage of the Bright People from the filthy hands of those who sought to steal our culture, history, and land away from us!

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:24 pm 

Hello everyone,

I think it's safe to say that the Arcanis and Witch Hunter events offered at Origins were a success and largely well received.

As always, I must thank all those who worked so hard to make this event happen: James Zwiers, who once again ran the Gathering flawlessly, the LA Staff (Tony, Joe, Matt and Melinda), Clint Blome for his tireless work in writing all the Witch Hunter events, all the various adventure and BI GMs who did a great job of keeping everyone challenged as well as the LARP volunteers who were as entertaining as the players themselves.

Next year I hope to showcase the conclusion of the current, "The Coming of the Destroyer" story arc and finish it off with one of the most complex and challenging BI's we've ever attempted.

I hope to see you there!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:59 pm 

Well, another Origins has come and gone sadly, but I had a blast at this one. Thanks to everyone who made my experience such a great one (especially Henry, Clint, James, and Jimmy).

Playing Witch Hunter was a blast for me, especially getting the opportunity to play with one of my brethren and then ending with a module with personal connections to our characters. Not to mention, I thought the LARP was a blast. It was a smaller turn-out, but that just added to the fun. John, Melinda, and I still want to meet our others brothers/sisters, so give us a shout.

I got to play one Arcanis mod and judged another plus the BI. Had fun playing as always, but the BI writers always give me such fun toys to throw at the PCs. Some well-received, others not as much, but that's part of the fun :) It's definitely interesting seeing some of the new Tier abilities and spells in action... even some we quickly learn need a little (or a lot of) adjustment.

I'd like to send a special thanks to the table I ran through one of the mods as well as the BI. They challenged me as a judge, did a lot of cool stuff to impress me, and didn't groan too much when my dice did their level damnedest to kill them (as Jimmy said when watching, "Your dice are on fire!")--Sean, Tony (I think, apologies if I got that wrong), Toni, Joe, Chris, and my sixth player whose character I remember but I'm spacing on the player's name at the moment after driving home and immediately working last night. I'm sure I'm still on their hated list right now, but I'd run for them anytime.

And I'm mad at Josh Elliott for being distracted by hockey instead of killing the Elorii PCs like we agreed... especially Kevin. Knife-ears is still breathing? You fail, sir!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:41 pm 

Nierite wrote:
Thanks to all of you who both played with me and were at my tables for HP9 and the the BI! I'd also like to give a shout-out to my Elorii and Undir allies in reclaiming the cultural heritage of the Bright People from the filthy hands of those who sought to steal our culture, history, and land away from us!

Thank you all GM's and BI judges. However I must stoutly object to the reclaiming of non-coryani culture. Also, no thanks to those Emerald Society guys who brought up the coffin. Man that BI was rough. Fun, but rough.

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next