Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Generic Arcanis Blurb
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:27 am 

Is there an offical Generic Arcanis RPG blurb I can have to post my CincyCon events? I'd like to draw some new players and I need something short and pithy for the event site.

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Generic Arcanis Blurb
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:46 pm 

I pulled this off the PCI website under Games: Arcanis

Enter a world of epic adventure.

Ancient and mighty empires view for supremacy, and even the dominance of mankind is at stake. The ancient ruins of collapsed civilizations, both human and non-human, conceal long-lost truths, terrible and mysterious artifacts, and foes thought extinct. Where the notions of good and evil are subsumed by shades of grey. A world in which heroes must choose the greatest good as often as the lesser of two evils. Immerse yourself in a deep fantasy world awash in the intrigues of nations, churches and secret societies. Choose a side; pick a cause and gird yourself for the greatest challenge – Leaving Your Mark Upon the Shattered Empires!

Arcanis: The World of Shattered Empires is a role-playing game that immerses you and your players in a story-telling adventure while testing your tactical skills. Epic battles, political intrigue and intricate mysteries keep players coming back for more. The World of Arcanis has deep secrets designed to elicit questions with each answer gained.

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:57 pm 

THANKS! That is perfect.

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:55 pm 

Below is a merger of the descriptions from the back of 1st and 2nd editions of the Codex Arcanis:

"It is Like the End of the World

"Turmoil grips the lands of Onara. It is the end of an era, and a dawn of a new age. It is an age of struggle against the end of existence; an age which shall witness the rise of history's greatest champions. Will Arcanis pass into nothingness, or shall her heroes raise her up to new heights?
The Elorii look into the divining pools of the Elluwé as they roil with blood and know that the end times prophesied so many centuries ago are now upon us. Emerging from their forest sanctuary, they wonder if humanity can indeed weather the storm of Silence. Each of the Shattered Empires struggles to survive. In the north, the nation of Canceri buckles under the oppressive rule of the Theocracy. Most pray for death, and the rest for deliverance. Enemies gather round the proud nation of Milandir, each one eager to pull down its bright towers and humble its defenders. Fear gnaws at Milandir's people, and they begin to lose hope. To the south, the once mighty Coryani Empire sleeps under an indifferent ruler, while its greatest general bides his time, waiting to seize the throne for his own noble house. The Imperial Court looks on like a flock of carrion crows, ready to pick apart the corpse of the land.
The besieged Patriarch of Coryan works tirelessly to reconcile the beliefs of a dozen splinter sects, each one warring upon the others and poised to tear down the Mother Church itself. Everywhere the speakers for the gods look heavenward for guidance and hear nothing...but silence.
The scions of the great noble houses harken to the blood of the ancient Valinor in their veins, blood that bids them to serve the gods by ruling over the rest of humanity. Plots born from an ancient treachery begin to reach fruition in the present machinations of emperors and kings.
The nascent Serpent Empire stirs with renewed vigor, the Serpent King no longer content to set his own subjects against one another, and instead looks to the destruction of the children of Althares.
All over the continent of Onara, strife threatens to tear the nations of man apart.
[...]
"Mortals stumble in darkness; heroes light the way. Be the hero, Leave Your Mark upon the Shattered Empires."

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:12 am 

I created a flyer to advertise an Arcanis home campaign. I used a combination of existing Arcanis wording and flowery wording that evokes my image of the world of Arcanis. I posted the flyer at my FLGS to find players and gave it to potential players I met in person and in email.

Here's a copy of the flyer shared on DropBox. Feel free to use the wording yourselves to advertise to get players!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdrs8k1xvze2c ... r.pdf?dl=0

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile