Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ArcaniCon 2015 Registration
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:36 pm 

For anyone attending ArcaniCon 2015: Preparations are well under way. Savona may never be the same... Please confirm your attendance by following this link and providing character information for us to build as immersive an experience as possible.

http://goo.gl/forms/rh2zjJhw7p

And for a teaser:

The great city of Savona has long since rebuilt from the great hurricane that almost wiped it off the face of Onara. The fine red Savonan wine flows freely once more, and the rich and powerful come to take their ease in this most luxurious of places... Truly, this is a grand city indeed. And in any grand city, there exists a fair amount of intrigue. Every day, every moment, someone gains at the cost of another, someone lives or dies on the flip of a coin, and someone puts grand plans in motion whose effects could ripple far beyond the city's walls.

Come and join the citizens of Savona as they celebrate the twin festivals of Sollemne Saeva Tempestus and Festum Serena (The Celebration of the Savage Storm, and the Festival of the Calm Skies), their newest and second most-favourite festivals (after the infamous Saturnalia ex Mille Basiare’ (Festival of a Thousand Kisses), of course).

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: ArcaniCon 2015 Registration
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:46 am 

I know I can't attend but I will help out with maps. If there are any slot 0s happening prior to the con, I'd be interested in attending :)

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:15 am 

Is there a place for judge recruitment? I am interested in judging again.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:19 pm 

Judge Recruitment is talk to Tony, Joe, or Melinda. We'd love to have you on board as a judge Eric.

Please spread the word about this convention by the way. 50 players is our break even point, with 25 room nights per night, and at present we have 14 players and 8 room nights.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 pm 

I know that I'm arriving on Thursday, and departing on Monday. So that's four room nights (unless you've already counted those).

Lafarnagan Narderos called Lafe, bearer of Windblade (Makes the Wind Bleed)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:08 pm 

While I haven't registered yet I will be attending. Just have to ensure my character information is up to date.

Nal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:54 pm 

We're about a month out from the convention so I thought I ask, how are things going? Do we have an idea of what the soft points will be, and will blurb/teasers for these be posted before the convention. Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:01 am 

Soft Point 1: Unbated and Envenomed - The citizens of Savona are a fiery bunch, and none more so than their famed duelists. Investigating allegations of foul play are just as likely to cause more duels as they are to discover a culprit. However, such rumours have surfaced in days leading up to the twin festivals of Sollemne Saeva Tempestas and the Festum Serena. Can the Heroes discover the truth of the matter? Are the allegations true, or is this simply another part of a greater duel?

Main Event: The Festival - Sollemne Saeva Tempestas is a time of remembrance. In true Savonan nature, even the memory of tragedy can be reason for a party, and the Celebration of the Savage Storm is a tumultuous celebration of life. Every year, arcane and divine casters come together to call down a rain storm at midnight that washes the streets clean, in memory of the hurricane. In the morning, the Festival of the Clear Skies begins, and everyone celebrates being alive. It is custom that many misdeeds are forgiven (or at least forgotten), and the Cafelan Cartel publicly pardons a good many debts (especially of those whose fortunes have improved and whose goodwill is valued higher than the debt forgiven). Savona seethes during this event like no other time of the year with politics, plots, and perfidy. All are invited to join the party, and possibly leave their mark on this remarkable city.

Soft Point 2: Description forthcoming.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:17 am 

Thanks Tony! Much appreciated! I could see my primary character involved in this.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:29 am 

Sounds like a ton of fun and Kelb would certainly be there for a party!

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next