Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gencon (after the dust settles from origins)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:00 pm 

So here is the straight up skinny, We need some more judges for Gencon, we wouldn't hurt for some additional players either

I've opened up some judge slots on Westbound Shark Event manager

I'll be running an online slot zero (if needed) of the mods here pretty soon if people are interested.

if there is a slot you want to judge in and its full please let me know, if there is a slot you want to play in and its full please let me know.

As a kind of reward for judging, Judge more than two slots and get the opportunity to play the next hardpoint online! Possibly even with Uncle Henry judging! (the online tables will happen some point after Gencon and depending on Henry's availability he will run them or if he is unavailable, I will)

-J

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Gencon (after the dust settles from origins)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:37 pm 

added judge incentive above

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:24 pm 

Awesome!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:25 pm 

As a reminder, I have a standard WH judge award for major cons. You'll get to choose a rank 1 relic from a currently book (Cities of Mysery or the upcoming Rites and Relics) for your character.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:42 pm 

I have signed up on the site. I have not judged many slots at cons since the old d20 days. Please do email me a confirmation and some instructions on what all I need to do. I would like the HP2-6 mod as soon as possible to prep it. I am signed up for 1 slot of HP 2-7, but I am not sure if that is one that was at Origins or not.

I would be happy to run Witch Hunter as well, but I do not know the system or have the rulebooks so that is probably a non-starter, therefore I have also volunteered to help run HQ.

aka Kaylith Dracul val'Sungha, Templar of Sarish

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:23 pm 

well realistically, the next time I'm going to look at that infomration is early next week, I'll ping you then. in the mean time you can reference the westboundshark site for current slot information.

I'll be sending the mods out pretty soon, i think 2 weeks before the convention is usually when things that are already available (like the origins mods) normally go out, we might be waiting longer for the premiere.

what instruction are you looking for, like show up before your slot and do what the marshall tells you kinds of things or what it means to be a judge at a big con kinds of things or arcanis specific things?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:24 pm 

I should have a free slot open that I could run a WH in (though I may already be playing all the mods running). Any news on Slot 0's?

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:21 pm 

SamhainIA wrote:
::Snip::

what instruction are you looking for, like show up before your slot and do what the marshall tells you kinds of things or what it means to be a judge at a big con kinds of things or arcanis specific things?

Yes, I figure to arrive at least 15 mins prior. 30 minutes if I can.

Where do I get a Judge badge if that is a thing? Are there any rules and guidelines for judges? All that kind of information.

aka Kaylith Dracul val'Sungha, Templar of Sarish

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:41 pm 

if you have signed up for 4 slots, Clint or I will contact you re: judge badge probably monday ish unless clint get to it before then.

Ive probably posted more than once on these forums on what I feel a judge should do for their table, but I'll sum it up again:

#1 judging is co-operative, this is game people play to have fun , so if you all have fun together your doing it right.
#2 dont jerk over the players, (IMO) the top selling point for this campiagn is the story, if you you have to fudge it a bit so they get the story that engages them do it.
#3 dont ever be afraid to cheat like a madman so that the players have fun And stay challenged
#4 pay attention to the time, dont let people get bored or run over in slots.
AND #5 know the rules and dont be afraid to curtail rules arguments for the sake of everyone at the table having fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:16 am 

Thanks for signing up Matt!

I've sent an email to the address in the account you created on westboundshark. Once you respond to it I can get you a badge fairly quickly.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next