Last visit was: It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vault of Larissa's Laments
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:18 pm 

Deviknyte wrote:
Nierite wrote:
Don't think of them as Flaws, but rather character growth ;)

In addition to "Stupidity leads to character creation" and "Actions have consequences", Arcanis can now add "That which doesn't kill you will leave you substantially more flawed" :D
There was no way to know before you grabbed it. We even tried to ditch one of the cursed items, but another table was actively trying to screw my table over and prevented it.

The ring was pretty obviously 'bad' but yeah the others had no indication, unless you made the Myths and Legends checks beforehand :)

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:22 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
The ring was pretty obviously 'bad' but yeah the others had no indication, unless you made the Myths and Legends checks beforehand :)

John

The ring for sure. The two items we grabbed didn't grant those checks until they were in hand and close enough to be inspected and recognized.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:23 pm 

Deviknyte wrote:
This is a spoiler thread. You can say whatever you need to without worry. I was just suggesting not going into detail on thing that will make playing the vault easier.

Tony said it should be released for non campaign play. Near future, probably not.

Ok, perhaps it's the hour, but I'm not sure how to do that. For example, our table never made it to the lowest level. We never encountered a cursed item either. I'm curious what items people found including he cursed ones and the details around the few unique items such as the bow and the book. We only visited 6 of the shrines and never made it through all of Saluwe, Beltine or Illir. I am curious as to what people think about a statue with a pile of dust on top of it that was found behind another statue. I'm curious what people made of the gar casters and the spells they were casting and about the various flaws that people picked up. What are some of the interesting tidbits from murals or iconography that made you go, "well that's interesting"?

Is this the right place? Can I be more specific with the questions or is there a better place to ask them?

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:30 pm 

The most interesting thing my table found was the heresy room. The craziest items in this room. Book made flesh that still bled, cloak made of human skin that absorbed light, blue conk shell, ivory lady covered in thorns. It was nuts.

We also found a library with an undead librarian.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 am 

Couple things. did anyone besides me get the lyre? and i'm not to sure i would have picked it up and had i known it was clearly broken.

Aka. The Secret Keeper
Aka. The Ship-breaker

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:37 am 

Xinartemis wrote:
Couple things. did anyone besides me get the lyre? and i'm not to sure i would have picked it up and had i known it was clearly broken.

I know Christina's table had it in their room, but she did a knowledge check prior to anyoe picking it up. She warned them, "uh...better leave that alone". Someone at the table did pick up Tyrfang, though.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:33 am 

In the Forbbiden Vault I told the Sarishian player at the table I was judging that there was a ring with a purple stone in it and a honking powerful (legendary) rune of sorcery on it. The player immediately mimed putting it on his finger. Done. And gratifying as a judge. :twisted: It was only afterwards he worried why he couldn't take it off. Heartseeker has a pair of flaws that go with it. Blood thirsty, ... and it has to be dipped in the blood of someone you've just killed to activate it each day.

I feel bad for the elorii character who got stuck with Tyrfang though. She only had it in a box and was essentially carrying it out for the party/ES. She never wanted it or tried to wield it.

I'm putting my full IC write up of the event over in the cross road tavern under a pair of Tukufu's Letters.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 am 

Carrying the sword in a box and not actualy wirlding it should not trigger the curse.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:45 am 

My character would have picked up the shield, but he uses a small, not a large, else he'd be carrying that nightmare around. Also lucky for him, another character at the table thought it was very shiny so picked it up. Then he started acting very rash, impatient, and odd - compared to his antics up to that point.

Our Sarishan SP -really- wanted to put on the ring but just could not come to do so after recognizing what it likely was.

and
~ Sestia Gracchi, of Grand Coryan

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:19 am 

Our table was in a hurry when we found our cursed items. In character and out. So role-playing wise, I can understand skipping out on letting out table roll knowledge checks, but we had never been asked for a check on any items before we picked them up.

Last edited by Deviknyte on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next