Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vault of Larissa's Laments
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:47 pm 

I think that all depends what you consider significant. To the Emerald Society, it is all significant. Even though it was mapped, I dont believe the Shrine to the Senses ever really came into play. I know of no group that went mucking through the waiste-high raw sewage to look for stuffs. There were clues throughout the Vault about past, present, and future happenings. Now that your jobs are done, the E.S. will be doing a lot of quantifying, cataloging, and research. What was missed is up to them on when/how/if information is disseminated.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:07 pm 

If you are talking about the baths on the. . . 3rd floor? If so, our Undir went swimming in it, but didn't catch the disease because I critically missed :P

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:39 pm 

mighty28 wrote:
I think that all depends what you consider significant. To the Emerald Society, it is all significant. Even though it was mapped, I dont believe the Shrine to the Senses ever really came into play. I know of no group that went mucking through the waiste-high raw sewage to look for stuffs. There were clues throughout the Vault about past, present, and future happenings. Now that your jobs are done, the E.S. will be doing a lot of quantifying, cataloging, and research. What was missed is up to them on when/how/if information is disseminated.

My table went through the sewage rooms :)

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:37 pm 

whitepanther0712 wrote:
the books were on 3 and 4 i believe not sure where the robes where.

The Legendary robes were on 3, in a room with one of the 'hidden switches' that needed to be triggered.

To my knowledge, they were non-magical and had no runes on them (yet)! I look forward to seeing this cert myself as this was the item my Gnomish Priest of Anshar took.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:01 pm 

chris i'm surprised you didn't take the ring of might from the anshar shrine

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:37 pm 

whitepanther0712 wrote:
chris i'm surprised you didn't take the ring of might from the Anshar shrine

I considered it. I even talked with others during the 'LARP' portion of the event (whilst avoiding the dwarves!).

But A) I don't expect legendary items (especially robes) to be very common, whereas a ring of might may be relatively common.

B) as far as I can tell, robes do not count as armor. Legendary Robes grant 1 armor, even though they aren't armor in and of itself, which means my Ansharan priest can wear them.

C) You can enchant the robes with spells like Benediction of the Gods, and thus Skin of Thorns would stack.

Legendary Robes: +1 AV (Armor Value)
Adapted Benediction of the Gods: +2/+3 Armor
Skin of Thorns: AR 2 (or, since it doesn't fully stack, AR +1)

Short term, the rings were better for me, but I think I can find another set of Rings. Long term, I believe the Robes are better, as I'm not likely to find another 'Legendary Robe' anytime soon, and, since I can't wear armor, I now have a place for armor based runes.

D) Can you imagine the look's on people faces seeing a gnome wearing High Priest robes from the first Imperium?!?!?!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:49 pm 

that would be a sight but there is one problem those robes have a bulk of 2, which mean your AV is reduced by 2 and your pace by 10' as well as a Enc of 3. that seems real steep to me. my buddy who also plays an ansharan went with the exceptional nobles grab, which didn't have that AV penalty and the bands of iron might (might rune/permanent anshar (weapon/armor) Rune and 2 open slots)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:26 pm 

whitepanther0712 wrote:
that would be a sight but there is one problem those robes have a bulk of 2, which mean your AV is reduced by 2 and your pace by 10' as well as a Enc of 3. that seems real steep to me. my buddy who also plays an ansharan went with the exceptional nobles grab, which didn't have that AV penalty and the bands of iron might (might rune/permanent anshar (weapon/armor) Rune and 2 open slots)

Well, I completely missed the part where the AV is reduced by 2, pace by 10' and encumbrance. Although not sure how you can reduce the AV by 2 when it only has an AV of 1. :lol:

Ah well. I guess I'll deal and just pull them out for 'special' occasions. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:25 am 

players guide pg 230
Quote:
Bu: Bulk. All the protection that armor affords comes
with a price; as it becomes heavier, the sheer weight and
encumbrance impedes mobility and quickness. This value is
applied as a penalty to the Hero’s Pace (each point lowering
his Pace by 5’), Avoidance Defense, and all Action Skill
Rolls with the exception of attack rolls. This penalty may
also increase if the Hero surpasses his carrying capacity (See
Encumbrance under Codex of Conflict, pg. 336).

so while the robes would give you +1 to over all AV Bulk 2 would reduce over all AV by 2 for a net of -1 to AV plus all the other penalties that one would get for wearing some heavy ass stuff.

i'm sure you will be the highlight of the party in your great great great great great.....great^6 grad-daddys robes. would not recommend the fashion shows of grand coryian, unless of course its retro week or like fashion in the here and now that keeps coming back every few decades...lol ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:20 am 

@Chris: I have some bands of iron might for trade.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next