Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Official Lore Statements and Links
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:28 pm 

The purpose of this thread is a centralised quote repository of lore by PCI staff (instead of having to chase down each individual thread).

Please DO NOT discuss items in this thread, it is for quotes and links to the original threads only.

Gods
Changing Religions
Druids of Saluwe

Races
Tultipet Dwarven Heartstone
Ss'Sosi Bloodline

Nations
Player Essay: How Roman is Coryan?
Noble Ranks in Milandir

Locations

Organisations
Legion of Grim Lamentation (Ansharan Portals)
Player Essay: Roman (+ Coryani) Legion Breakdown

People
Aeorin's Hound

Last edited by Southernskies on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Official Lore Statements and Links
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:28 pm 

Ansharan Portals

PCIHenry wrote:
Ah the Legion of Grim Lamentation. Created in the first batch of legions I ever sat down and wrote down, they are full of mystery, secrets and a long history.

As Cody is correct, the LGL has been around since the glory days of the First Imperium and was recognized by and accepted as a Coryani legion by the third Coryani Emperor. That doesn't mean however, that it was reconstituted and recreated as an original legion, but rather it is unique. or almost so, in that the legion has never dissolved and can trace its lineage back in an unbroken time line back to its inception.

As to why there weren't any legionnaires at Lucheck is because there aren't enough members to guard each and every portal, so the legion patrols some of the lesser used ones, popping in ,checking around and then going on to the next seldom used portal.

As for Tralia in Bargains , I believe that the scene was the ambush by Reavers. The reason you didn't see them was that they were killed by said Reavers and their bodies disposed before the Heroes arrived. Members of the LGL are most certainly on duty in Milandir as they are in the Empire, Canceri, etc. I just don't think it necessary to mention their presence unless its necessary.

One other thing to remember is that the legionnaires don't necessarily stand at attention beside the portal but at times are in a side room or some such.

I would love to do a monograph on the LGL but would much rather their secrets be revealed in an adventure rather than in text. When that adventure possibility will present itself is unknown.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:57 pm 

Tultipet Dwarven Heartsone
PCIHenry wrote:
As to your question, I wrote about the devastated enclave of Tultipet, but for the life of me I can't find it. Maybe it was a forum post in our previous website.

Bottom line, even the fire of a True Dragon cannot destroy that which Illiir has proclaimed to be eternal, i.e. the Tultipetan Elder frozen in a perfect moment of anguish and agony. The Tultipetans still descend into the blasted crater and kneel upon the slag and ashes that were their brethren to bathe in that life-extending light.

Some believe that the lucky ones were the dwarves who died in an instant, rather than those who must revisit their tomb every decade.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:23 pm 

Ss'sosi Bloodline

PCIHenry wrote:
You remember the story correctly - Ven embraced the Fire Dragon and had Human Gods "impure gifts" burned away. What did remain was the ability to wield the powers of the mind, but at a horrible price. The characters allowed to be play were the very few that were hatched without painful and debilitating deformities. Most eggs fail to hatch at all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:58 pm 

http://forums.paradigmconcepts.com/viewtopic.php?p=18683

Henry for home games wrote:
Frankly, if it were my personal table, I would not allow such a character. The rules are not in place for it. I had to create the whole "Druid" story to placate the D&D-isms of D20 and would rather not have them perpetuated into ARG.

So the notes below should not be taken as rules for the OP campaign (Legends of Arcanis) and more for a private home game.

1. There are no male priests of Saluwe' only priestesses.

2. There is a sect of male adherents to Saluwe' which are called Druids. They are not priests but fill the role equivalent to the female nuns of Illiir.

3. There was (is?) a cult called the Black Druids of Janyal that fought an internecine war with the Saluwean priestesses during the Shadowed Age, which eventually ended with a compromise where the male "druids" would serve a different role than the priestesses of Saluwe', more as guardians of the forests, etc.

4. These druids "commune" with the trees and animals sacred to Saluwe' but are NOT taught Cants as normal priests do.

5. I equated them to a Primal Tradition as a stop gap until and if a rule set for Druids is created.

6. Does the Mother Church recognize/accept the druids? Only as a subservient branch of the Saluwean Church and more akin to caretakers of sacred sites.

7. Does the MC approve of the Primal Tradition of casting? No. The casting of spells, etc is a carryover from the Druids of Janyal period and is not condoned.

8. Druidic practioners of the Primal Tradition caught performing such magics would be turned over to the Inquisition for purification.

9. There is an underground group that still practices the rites of the Black Druids (those that follow the teachings of the original Black Druids of Janyal) but they ARE NOT available as a player group/Path.

10. If anyone wishes to play a male Druid of Saluwe', he'll have to hide his practice of the Primal Tradition much like a Sorcerer does from the less sophisticated members of society.

Offline Profile