Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Elements of Faith
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:27 pm 

Malfians at the final battle, if the characters are vanquished, what happens? The Evil Elorii skin the characters and make new cloaks.. Magical squirrels or Elorii patrol scare off evil Elorii and the character awaken later that night?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Elements of Faith
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:09 am 

I have not yet seen an entire party vanquished in A:RPG. Since the module doesn't have anything to say if the PCs are defeated (a common occurrence in most mods that authors should correct) then its really up to you to decide. Most Malfelens do not skin their human enemies...though the leather armor of these guys are suspect to say the least. But yes they would probably gack all the humans all things being equal. You could handwave that and have the party be saved or you could require the expenditure of X fate points to have an eloran patrol show up and save the PCs from the malfelens.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Last edited by val Holryn on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:51 pm 

Another question: The Scene 2 Temple map does not seem to match up with anything in the actual adventure, and we're missing the map which is (supposed) to show the INTERIOR of the Temple.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:11 pm 

I've been part of a A:RPG TPK. It was not fun. Technically you die. I believe there are rules for coming back from dead. I think you spend fate to avoid dieing. After You come back you spend a couple of sessions taking a hit to your action skill rolls. You also gain a new flaw. I know some one who has the ability to tell the actually ruling will probably chime in. The new flaw is often one that is connected with death. My character has "Phobia: Fate Spinners" since a dwarven one killed him.

As far as doing it "in Story" it is usually done by having some other party related to the story show up and save the people.

Lothair: "I don't understand, the invitations say Lothair plus one."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:46 pm 

TPK is handled differently depending on the scene and the mod. Sometimes it will say the players wake up in a alley. Sometimes it will say they are all killed. Sometimes it says they wake up in an alley robbed in their underwear.

Some fights will say the NPCs stop and kill dropped foes. Or kill those of a specific race or group.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:05 pm 

To the author and editor, I enjoyed the contests at the start of the mod. However, please make the medals a certificate item for those who won. It doesn't have to do anything but having it written on the sheet would be great :)

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:23 pm 

You were mentioned in the CES, don't worry John ;)

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:27 pm 

Nierite wrote:
You were mentioned in the CES, don't worry John ;)

That's cool. That wasn't the reason I was asking. I just like momentous of things I get :)

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:35 am 

I think having an entire party vanquished is not necessarily a TPK. In the case of Malfelans, probably. But, it sounds like AJ is referring to Judgement. In that case, I see know reason why the Tultipetan and her gnomish son would kill you. If you are Vanquished, they kill the mass-murdering bastard Felix Val'Ossan and move on. The Heroes were an obstacle to their goals, not die-hard enemies. (Unless I am forgetting something about the mod).

As to the "spend a Fate, take a Flaw to survive", it is covered in the Codex of Heroes pg. 186 under "Permanent Injury". It is supposed to be a PHYSICAL flaw, not any flaw (like phobia). I know of only 1 exception where a campaign staff member permitted a non-physical flaw. (Granted, contacting campaign staff post-mod and explaining the circumstances of your Heroes demise and your logic for a non-physical Flaw would, i imagine, be completely acceptable).

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 am 

mighty28 wrote:
I think having an entire party vanquished is not necessarily a TPK. In the case of Malfelans, probably. But, it sounds like AJ is referring to Judgement. In that case, I see know reason why the Tultipetan and her gnomish son would kill you. If you are Vanquished, they kill the mass-murdering bastard Felix Val'Ossan and move on. The Heroes were an obstacle to their goals, not die-hard enemies. (Unless I am forgetting something about the mod).

As to the "spend a Fate, take a Flaw to survive", it is covered in the Codex of Heroes pg. 186 under "Permanent Injury". It is supposed to be a PHYSICAL flaw, not any flaw (like phobia). I know of only 1 exception where a campaign staff member permitted a non-physical flaw. (Granted, contacting campaign staff post-mod and explaining the circumstances of your Heroes demise and your logic for a non-physical Flaw would, i imagine, be completely acceptable).
No I think you are right. The Fate-Spinner and her son didn't seem like cold hearted murders to me, not that they wouldn't kill you in the heat of the moment.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next