Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: So who is the Destroyer?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:42 pm 

Don't have my books with me, but was not Ymandragore (or Mandragore for its original incarnation) known as the City of the Dragon?

Just thoughts.

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 pm 

It is, indeed, known as the City of the Dragon (or, the City of the Dragon Reborn now, IIRC).

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:11 pm 

Hmmm.... which is more likely to get taken out by Calmemnon, Kassagore, the Dragon or the SK? Scary to think that the Dragon might be the easiest of the 3 to take out.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:19 am 

Wild speculation:

Umor returns openly and casts down the Sorcerer King as an usurper to its own power.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:37 am 

As most people know IC and OOC I have been pointing the finger at Calemnon. I believe he has conquered DZV , swung his Army through the East to seize the city states of the "Ossarion Empire" and subjugate the Forsaken before swinging West to seize the First City. I think we've already met his scouts in the form of Marcus Lepidus and his Chauni guide. It is not entirely clear to me how Calemnon has the power to thwart the Dragon but I assume it's a combination of being an uber psionic bad@$$, having an army at his back, maybe some ancient McGuffins, and favorable circumstances as fate and necessity propel us forward. Its also a possibility that Calemnon has willingly or unwillingly become the Avatar of "the Silence."

Calemnon has at least one "inside man" in the First City who betrays everyone to heard in the second coming of the Imperium.

It could be that the Dragon will be defeated by sacrificing the "most innocent" ... that could be the Endless Choir.

I think Calemnon's seizure of the First City caused Scipio to have a heart attack. His son will mobilize Coryan to deal with Calemnon. The Coryani attack will provoke the Khitani and start the Third CK War. ...and The known world adds "Oh Fortuna" from Carmen Burana to their playlists.

Speaking of songs...

I suspect that it's the Endless Choir's song that is maintaining the prison of the Other and that Calemnon will sacrifice them as part of the process of gaining the First City & Imperial Throne Room. Without the Eternal Choir Umors prison either collapses immediately or is finally in a position where an outside agency can free him. That's a guess on my part but if we're headed into the end times nothing like further chaos on the divine front.

It's important to note that Umor is not necessarily related to the Silence. If Umor is Kassegore then he might rally the BTs and other Ssethrics to fight against the ending of all things. If the val'Holryn originate from Umor (only one of several speculated origins) then that creates a BT val'Holryn axis in Milandir. Expect the rest of Milandir to freak out if this becomes public? Civil War in Milandir? The good guys shooting themselves in the foot, rather than talking is a trope in the campaign.

...some good times coming...

...poor Tukufu. He's so happy with his bookstore...

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:33 pm 

Hello everyone,

I'm enjoying this thread quite a bit.

Hopefully, some (but not all) of your questions will be answered at Origins this year.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:23 pm 

All good stuff. A Milandisian civil war does no one any good but would provide great story fodder. As someone who plays a lot of val'Holryns (including one with the val'Emman bloodline) the Umor connection would be cool. I find the idea that the most "honorable" val family might have ties to the most reviled of deities to be both ironic and hilarious. And the idea that someone with the val'Emman bloodline (even second hand) might have to "save" Leonydes, who had it in for the val'Emmans (with some justification given what we are told) really appeals to me. While I have had issues with this campaign's storyline at times it's still been one hell of a ride so far and I look forward to seeing what's in store. And I absolutely LOVE the idea that "actions have consequences." :o :shock: :twisted:

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:57 am 

Here are some collections of prophecies about the Destroyer. Links point to PDF files.

First, the excellent annotated copy of the prophecies by the esteemed Altherian scholar Tukufu val'Holryn (Eric Gorman):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnwnykk68wjgk ... D.pdf?dl=0
Dated August 2015

Second, my own collection of prophecies with notes and interpretations. The interpretations are from myself and friends.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3bv1efl6eg83 ... r.pdf?dl=0
Dated December 2015
I have some updates to my own notes and intend to update them before ArcaniCon.

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:40 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm enjoying this thread quite a bit.

Hopefully, some (but not all) of your questions will be answered at Origins this year.

It always frightens me to see Henry enjoying speculations.

Speaking of speculations.... The Dark Moon is an Egg I tell you. Tasty draconic omelets anybody?

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 pm 

Does anyone have a frying pan large enough to make an omelet that big? At least the egg would be freeze-dried by vacuum (if the cosmos is set up that way and not with an 'etherium' atmosphere linking worlds).

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next