Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: List of Arcanis Deities
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:26 pm 

Also, Although not a true god there is the entity that the Ghostscales worship.

Starts with "H" I think but I don't have my books with me.

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 pm 

Herka - definitely not a god - just a magical "artifact".

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:35 am 

That said, Herka IS worshiped as a deity and does seem to have at least some godly powers. . .

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:43 am 

Dante wrote:
[*]The Black Sorcerer in Old Coryan was given offerings by cult members who worshipped this ancient Myrantian sorcerer. When his spirit was freed, it was seen doing battle in the sky with Manetas.
[*]The God of the Hills was worshipped by the Triduae people who became the Coryani, and the Cult of the Horned King maintains the primitive rituals to this day. The Mother Church says it's an aspect of Saluwe.
[*]Anguillizrass is an immense aboleth worshipped by Sahuagin and Aboleths
[*]The Hyena Queen of the Northern Hinterlands is reportedly immortal and worshipped by a cult, but it's unclear whether she is merely long-lived and powerful or is a rising godling

[*]The Issori God, called the "Progenitor of All", apparently had multiple facets. Some facets were imprisoned or maddened, but the fates other facets and the core deity remain unknown.
[*]Nefernetka, the Brine Queen, is an unbound Infernal lord known as the Lady of Salt and Blood. Her cult arises now and again in the Western Lands.[/list]

• Leviathan, Dark Master of the Depths, is a heretical godlet that is a twisted version of Yarris
  • The Devourer of Lost Souls was worshipped by the Yarric Heresy. They said the Devourer predated the other Gods and has an endless hunger that takes any who are weak or foolish at sea

There was indeed the Black Sorcerer, but was that an object of worship or simply a powerful being? Additionally, do you have reference that it fought Manetas? The only reference I have for it is that after it was released there was a 'battle in the heavens.'

I am hesitant to add the God of the Hills as it is officially labelled as an aspect of Saluwe'. I could be convinced, however.

Thus far there have been no references to Aboliths or Sahugin existing in the current Arcanis setting. As such, I will not put their god down until they do show up again (maybe in Ssethregore?)

I think it was said fairly clearly that the Hyena Queen is NOT a deity, but a powerful being which mated with an infernal lord (Uhxractit?).

For the Issori God, I seem to recall at some point it being said that the series of adventures dealing with the Issori in the Kraldjur Morass didn't reflect official PCI canon, as that area was far away from the Issori empire (centred in the Blessed Lands). As such, the canonicity of that description (if from the soft point I am thinking about) may be disputed.

The "Sea Gods" are iffy, as they all seem to represent more primal versions of Yarris than distinct entities to me.

That said, thanks for the list as data is always important!

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:53 am 

Dante wrote:
[*]The Black Sorcerer in Old Coryan was given offerings by cult members who worshipped this ancient Myrantian sorcerer. When his spirit was freed, it was seen doing battle in the sky with Manetas.

Nierite wrote:
There was indeed the Black Sorcerer, but was that an object of worship or simply a powerful being? Additionally, do you have reference that it fought Manetas? The only reference I have for it is that after it was released there was a 'battle in the heavens.'

Reportedly, the Black Sorcerer was the restless spirit of a Myrantian magician who was buried in Old Coryan.

I was present at the "The Falcon, The Cobra, and The Rat", which was a quite enjoyable LARP run by Jeff Witthauer and Jeff Meehan at Dragon Con in Atlanta as part of Living Arcanis. At the end of the LARP adventure, one group had managed to free the Black Sorcerer. A dark shape and a bright shape were seen as part of an extended fight in the sky. I infer that it was battling a Valinor, and I infer that the Black Sorcerer was doing battle with Manetas.

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2