Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Prophesy [Into the Blessed Lands & Vault of Larissa]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 am 

val Holryn wrote:
The Standard lost, the army is demoralized. Loss begets loss as the City of Delights falls. [The Standard Lost probably refers to events in the rebellion/liberation of Abesios ... but Savona never fell]

Uhh.... Savona did fall... there was a BI there... hurricane, lots of ugly stuff in the palace... city was somewhat totaled out of the affair. (Origins in Year 5 of the campaign or there about, I'd have to dig up the exact date).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:56 am 

You're right the BI in Year 5 was the one called the Battle of Savona. I never went to it so I don't everything that happened during the module. As I understand it, the PCs beat back the Loyalist forces lead by the Voice of Emperor. So Savona ended the battle the same way it started, as neutral. They didn't fall to the Loyalist and didn't join the Rebels. I had no idea the damage caused to the city was so severe, that you'd say the city had fallen. i.e. fallen to ruins, fallen into disrepair.

It's always helpful learning something from one of the people who wrote the module.

Definitions of words is what makes prophecies so hard to understand because the way we read it doesn't mean that's the way it will happen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:27 pm 

Put it this way... the city was basically not habitable at the end of the battle; and the area around the city was inundated by the hurricane / weather.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:22 pm 

Generally speaking cities that have BIs in or near them do not fare well...Enpebyn, Solanos Mor, Nishanpur, Savona, Grand Coryan, Joppa...as I recall none of them came out unscathed, but rather worse for wear.... :)

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:16 pm 

The loyalists never occupied it and Savona was rebuilt. I don't consider that the same thing as "falling" especially when the first half refers to Abesios.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:47 pm 

val Holryn wrote:
The loyalists never occupied it and Savona was rebuilt. I don't consider that the same thing as "falling" especially when the first half refers to Abesios.

Funny thing about prophecies....they don't take your considerations into consideration.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:01 pm 

'Grains of Sand' wrote:
[Grains of Sand – a module from the old campaign that had a trove of prophecy.]

Within their metal hives they ride upon the minds and eat of their sentiments. Man is cattle to Man. The wheel turns, as the beaten child becomes the beating parent.

Later in the Living Arcanis campaign, there were some appearances of a strange metal airship. (Altherian airships are wooden and look like sailing ships that fly. This metal ship was different.) I recall its showing up at one or two Battle Interactives. I think Attalus val'Virdan, the Cancerese Nierite (not the Autocrat of similar name), may have been on board, but I don't recall whether it was him or his double. There may have been a special mission to get on board, but I never spoke with anyone who went.

Did we ever find out the story of what the metal airship was or where it came from or who crewed it?

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:10 pm 

Um. Long time no see guys. Heard you had some prophecy going on :D

The metal airship was crewed by the Swords of Nier I believe, and was in effect "stolen" tech. My recollection was that it first appeared at the Battle of Four Armies, but given that such events happened around a decade ago my memory could be flawed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:59 am 

Attalus was replaced with a doppleganger of some stripe after the defense of Semar. Given that the ship attacked both sides in the BI of Enpyben I assume that they are either agents of the Silence or some other organization dedicated to promoting chaos. I don't believe an official answer has ever been released.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:27 pm 

Quote:
"My brethren were gifted with a vision, a terrible one which showed unto us the image of the God-Emperor, who would stride out from the Hidden Lands and be welcomed as Liberator only to take the Holiest of Holies by shedding the blood of the most innocent.

"The very mention of his name shall make kings tremble, stop the heart of an Emperor and cause that which was endless to end.

Manetas was called the God-Emperor in the distant future, that was averted with his imprisonment. Calcestus and Manetas had the same facial structure except Manetas looked better. It makes sense that Calmemnon will have the face of his father and therefore Manetas's as well.
Who else but Calmemnon would be able to stop the heart and kill Emperor Scipio, especially if he's looking at the face of a young Calcestus.

Quote:
In his wake an entire people shall be liberated, their curse lifted but at the cost of their brother; while another is damned forever more in the eyes of all.

This sounds like dwarves but it isn't. It's the val'Tensen. They were cursed to never be allowed to enter Paradise until their honor is returned for breaking their vow. And I'm thinking the val'Virden and the val'Emman will be damned because they pose a threat to the Destroyer. The brother of Hurrian is Nier.

Quote:
"And about his head floated twelve keys that shall unlock that which it most craves.

Twelve Keys of man that unlocks the Throne of Man. The Gift of Illiir and supposedly allows for powerful compulsion magic.

Quote:
"But beware – though called savior by many and his followers legion, his true name is the Destroyer! The Enslaver of Humanity! None may stay his hand but the ember that is bereft of fire and even then it may not be enough, for when faith fails in one, faith will fail in us all!

The fire reference say Nierite to me. Perhaps the damned Nierites from earlier or Leonydas himself. This is also saying that while it will look like Calmemnon it doesn't actually mean it will be him. I mean we have dealt with plenty of doppelgangers. It could be someone pretending to be him, for example the Voiceless Ones. I mention them because Leonydas himself had one of the Twelve Keys of Man. It doesn't mention if he took it with him to the Citadel of Silence but I wouldn't put it past him to carry it on him wherever he went rather than keep it safe in one place.
Anyway to have all 12 Keys you had to have gotten 1 from Leonydas.

I will mention one thing from the Prophecy given in the Words of the Seer and it shouldn't be considered a spoiler. The Destroyer is called a Stranger in that prophecy. Calmemnon is not a stranger. Any Noble Born would have heard of him. Any Coryani citizen would have heard of him. Any member of a secret society would have heard of his leading a mission into Dar Zhan Vor. So again my vote is on a Calmemnon doppelganger.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next