Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Reluctance of Kings Recap
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:15 pm 

Ambassador Tufuku, Hey, I just want to start this letter out by saying, I've really liked reading your missives about the world, They are really neat, I really really hope to meet you someday! I figured you might be the best person to send a message to so that it gets read by lots of people.

I recieved a letter addressed for Rohan, the Soldier Saints passed it on to me cause I'm the nearest relative they could find. One of the val'Tensen Family came forth willing to break an oath to single out a rightful king, rather than waiting for that king to come forward on his own.

We were set to meet this Val'Tensen (I'm with holding his name purposefully, you will understand why soon) near Treslau, and we made our way from the First City. we joined up with a very interesting Ossirian merchant, he had a booming voice and had really neat curly hear (it was kinda oily but I think that waS on purpose) he was a really neat guy, even if we got some funny looks for hanging out with him, he did teach us all a bunch of swear words and then we started picking up on his language as he told us exotic stories of the Ossirian empire, and how they fight alongside sphinxes (and they must be lucky sphinxes, cause thats whats on the luck amulets they sell) he told us some things about the Daelish sea traders on the inner sea (Name pending me looking at my notes)

Oh, and we got to try chocolate, I really didnt understand the whole lead up tasting thing, but the stuff we drank at the end totally was worth it. After we parted ways, the Ossirian man went on to Naeranth to sell his chocolate, and cloth. We went on the south following the river (TBD when i get my notes) and had some run ins with some minor faction displacing more refugees where the road crossed the river.

Its very interesting to note we tried to get some information from the refugees, one of us tried to mentally link with a young boy, and was drawn into the darkness of his mind, barely escaping some stygian mental trap (Again I have to check my notes but there is a name associated with this)

we then proceeded to the meeting place outside treslau finding that the Val'Tensen that had contacted us had been killed along with his men, luckly he had sent his son off to saftey when the fighting had started. I'm not naming the family, mainly to protect this scion of the val'Tensen Family. he gave us accurate information on where his father had hidden something important.

Now interestingly enough, as Larissa would have it, he hid the sword in some long forgotten shrine to Yig, as there were some Hyliss and they claimed that this was a holy site to them and Yig as the birthplace of their species and there were some stone menhirs that age has whitewashed to have no meaning.

we discerened that the sword Was very important to the val'Tensen Family, there being a monk order dedicated to this very sword (the Order of the Blade), the sword that the order held we assumed to be a fake sword. We as a party were determined to return this sword to the monks and press them for information regarding the true king of Almeric.

So we only had a small problem, when we got to the Monastary, there were a few armed troops there enacting a protracted siege, There were four factions encamped outside the canyon the monks use as a natural barrier (very defensable). Through some excellent planning and a silver tounge we bypassed the siegers and flew past the unmanned walls of the monastery.

Inside we wandered around around abit until we scared the shadows out of a couple of monks, there was much discussion to be had, a traitor that escaped our notice that alerted the forces outside of the keep.

We did a lot of fast talking and convincing of the monks to get to address a particular person.

long story short, We convinced him to take up the sword, one of the monks who was not a very strong believer wrested the sword from him and had just enough time to declare it to be a fake and the whole thing was a sham before being completely obliterated by lightning. I guess this guy might actually be the true king of Almeric, you know, if Hurrian's opinion counts.

So we found an older man, the Son of Adolphus val'Tensen, the Ward of Mensis val Tensen, a fellow by the name of Roderick. We escaped out a secret back route abondoning the monastery to the forces outside.

Roderick valTensen is the true king of Almeric, he will be a good king, his main problem will be pulling all of the factions together and staying alive long enough to do so.

-Robilard Stetz

Sir Arion val’Tensen - Jeff Boyce
Sir Baldric, Knight of the Order of the Phoenix - Pete Kost
Robilard Stetz - Josh Elliott
Countess Roumyana val'Inares - Lindsay Elliott
Ben Broughton - Josh Elliott
Kelb'Bakari Masalio - John Bellando

with a special appearance of Delbert Holryn - Josh Elliott

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Reluctance of Kings Recap
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 pm 

Oooooo! Neato!

BTW, where was Mr. Ossarion from (ie: place on the continent)? While everything else sounds super cool this part is 'new' information that I don't have therefore I crave details :P

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:14 pm 

I forget the merchants actual name, but he is from the Ossarian empire, its pretty far to the west, they have a unique take on Ymandrakes there (not harvesters but Ymandrakes), its on the western part of the continent (you will probably just have to wait for the map to come out)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:23 pm 

::Drools at information::

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:11 pm 

The merchant's name was Tymion, and he had violet eyes.

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:25 pm 

There is a little information on the Ossarian Empire from the module Vexing Priests, mostly in the background section. They existed in the time of the First Imperium and resisted its expansion. They were sometimes allies with the true Myrantian Empire. Largely it would seem that thier Empire is hollowed out in this day and age with smaller political entities using that name.

It appears that they worship the PoM, though probably in dramatically different ways than in the Known World.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 am 

Quote:
Its very interesting to note we tried to get some information from the refugees, one of us tried to mentally link with a young boy, and was drawn into the darkness of his mind, barely escaping some stygian mental trap (Again I have to check my notes but there is a name associated with this)

the Name we received related to this was "The Holy Mother" and it wasnt talking about Ellandre

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:53 pm 

It should also be noted that Sir Baldric and I were Knighted by His Majesty, Roderick the first. I guess that makes us the first (and at the moment) only Knights of Almaric!

Sir Baldric and I have committed ourselves to seeing Roderick safely placed on the Throne and peace restored to the kingdom. We are seeking others who will join with us in that goal. If you are willing to join us in that quest, please contact me.

Sir Arion val'Tensen
Knight Protector of Almaric
Templar of Hurrian

aka Jeff Boyce

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:37 pm 

all of us were knighted in some form or another, even Kelb!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:20 pm 

I may the first Knighted Dark-Kin, though I'm also a Knight Protector of Tannin. I'm collecting titles :)

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next