Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: List of Valinor
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:56 am 

Hello everyone,

I must say that I do enjoy reading these thoughts and theories.

Thank you!

Henry

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:50 pm 

Dante wrote:
There are no truly confirmed Valinor of Sarish. Losknek serves Sarish, yes, but we don't know whether he's a Valinor or something else.

Quote:
Bowing slightly and through clenched teeth, Menesis addresses the Valinor.

Page 17 of LA-HP6-06 The Battle of Grand Coryan & Last Rays of a Dying Sun.

This to me is is proof of the Cunning of Sarish's Valinor status. Just because he doesn't show his wings, doesn't mean he's something different.
Note this is description text, not something that was said by a NPC who doesn't know better.
To me description text can be taken factually where speech from a person can be subjective.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:12 pm 

Dante wrote:
There are no truly confirmed Valinor of Sarish. Losknek serves Sarish, yes, but we don't know whether he's a Valinor or something else.

The Vault wrote:
Quote:
Bowing slightly and through clenched teeth, Menesis addresses the Valinor.

Page 17 of LA-HP6-06 The Battle of Grand Coryan & Last Rays of a Dying Sun.

This to me is is proof of the Cunning of Sarish's Valinor status. Just because he doesn't show his wings, doesn't mean he's something different.
Note this is description text, not something that was said by a NPC who doesn't know better.
To me description text can be taken factually where speech from a person can be subjective.

Given the stories of how fallen Valinor joined Sarish after the Godswar, it still fits that maybe he wasn't originally attached to Sarish but to another God. I'm not saying that I think that is (or isn't) the truth, but Arcanis teaches me to keep unexpected and inobvious options open.

Regardless, that's a good find in LA-HP6-6. Another, more recent mod [spoilers omitted] also gives circumstantial evidence that Losknek is indeed a Valinor--albeit without details on his past or present connection to a God.

Another wild theory I have (yet don't really think is true) is that Losknek actually is Sarish. Legends say that Sarish never showed his face. (Yet a contradictory story says that he appeared to the Encali after Illiir Cursed them. I guess Sarish never appeared to the Imperium but someone claiming to be Sarish appeared before the Encali.) If I were being secretive about who I am and what I look like, what better way to be sneaky than to claim to be my own top servant so I can meddle in matters?

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 am 

Dante wrote:
Given the stories of how fallen Valinor joined Sarish after the Godswar, it still fits that maybe he wasn't originally attached to Sarish but to another God.

I would say the proof is in his name. The Cunning of Sarish. If you wanted a Valinor who is fallen and joined Sarish after, you don't need to look an further than Urumeh from Year 1. He still retains his name the Honor of Cadic. The fact he serves Sarish now, doesn't change his name.
Manetas The Pride of Illiir was fallen, Xabal The Patience of Illiir was fallen. Both didn't serve Sarish, and both retained their name. Not exactly the same situation but evidence that a name doesn't change when a Valinor's status does change.

Not to nit pick, but you are saying that the only first hand evidence we have is invalid. When we are given evidence, we can't just say "This is not evidence this is a lie being told to misdirect us."

You are correct Arcanis does teach us to keep unexpected and in obvious options open. The story has had many twists already. And there has been lies to misdirect us, I'm looking at the Vals breed true rule. But we still have to follow the evidence until it shows us something different. And I don't see any evidence to believe that Losknek is NOT a Valinor of Sarish. Can you provide any?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:10 am 

There is another Sarishian Valinor floating around. Mish, the Shadow of Sarish, is mentioned as the progenitor of the val’Baucizs family.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:28 pm 

I rediscovered this thread and had a thought - Could Sarish have adopted/co-opted the Valinor of Lianni?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:40 pm 

LOL. Who is this Lianni you speak of. Never heard of her! :P

Why Sarish and not Larissa or Saluwe?

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:52 pm 

val Holryn wrote:
LOL. Who is this Lianni you speak of. Never heard of her! :P

Why Sarish and not Larissa or Saluwe?

Because Sarish is noted as having poached Valinor, and Cunning seems a good fit for Lianni.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3