Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Clarification on Team Attack
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 pm 

PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
Your missing part of the equation, it's very much an IF/THEN scenario

if the first attacker scores a wound, the 2nd attacker can always abort the team attack and let the original strike stand, unless they want to "pile on" for possible knockback.

The intent doesn't match the rule as written then.
Also, if you have reached the Massive Damage threshold, Knockback is already being tested (with the appropriate damage type). If a Wound is caused, the Knockback is also successful.

Wounds are *far* more important than the occasional Knockback (or Crippled in the case of Super-Zs).

Rewriting:
rewrite wrote:
Team Attack
Effect: Weapon; this maneuver must be performed 1 tick after or during the same tick as an ally's successful attack, that did not cause a Wound. Add your ally's damage to your own for the sole purpose of determining if your attack dealt Massive Damage (and determining the TN for the Vigor Action Roll).

Last edited by Southernskies on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:56 pm 

Southernskies wrote:
Rewriting:
Quote:
Team Attack
Effect: Weapon; this maneuver must be performed 1 tick after or during the same tick as an ally's successful attack, that did not cause a Wound. Add your ally's damage to your own for the sole purpose of determining if your attack dealt Massive Damage (and determining the TN for the Vigor Action Roll).

With this, it allows multiple allies to follow up on each other with Team Attack until a Wound is achieved?

Example. Target has Fort 20 AR: 5

- First attack does 15 damage (after AR). No checks for Massive damage is needed and this attack didn't do any Wounds.
- 2nd attacker declares a Team Attack and rolls 12 damage (after AR). Massive Damage check takes place and that surpasses the Target's Fort (damage 15 +12). Target is staggered and must make a Vi (at -2 for being staggered. This is ignored if Target is an Abomination, Elite, or Super Zombie) roll TN:27. Target rolls a 23, failing the roll. Target is now Stunned, knocked back 1 Area (damage is negligent. If Abomination, Elite, or Super zombie, ignore knock back and apply Crippled condition), and suffers a simple push. Still no wounds.
- 3rd attacker comes up and can declare a Team Attack due to no wounds on the Target. He does 17 dam (after AR) and Massive Damage check takes place. Target is still Staggered and Stunned and must make a Vi roll (at -4 for being Staggered & Stunned. This is ignored if target is an Abomination, Elite, or Super Zombie) at TN: 29 (12 from previous ally's damage + 17). Target rolls a 18, failing by more than 5. Suffering another simple push, knocked back again for 1 area (damage negligent, ignore if Abomination, Elite, or Super zombie as it has been crippled previously), and 1 wound .

Following attacks have to start anew (non-Team Attack -> Team Attack -> etc, etc, until a wound is achieved).

This about right?

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 pm 

Interesting. The Team Attack "Effect" description as written in my hardcopy reads: "Weapon; this maneuver must be performed 1 tick after or during the same tick as an ally's successful attack. Add your ally's damage to your own for the sole purpose of determining if your attack dealt Massive Damage (see below)."

My version doesn't include the "...that did not cause a Wound." portion.

The way I've always conceptualized this is that any number of allies can Team Attack to add damage to the total damage pool on the target (so long as each is within 1 tick of an ally's successful hit), and that the effect of the pile of damage is not resolved until the Team Attack chain has stopped. Thus, if 5 heroes want to Team Attack and put 72 damage on an opponent, they can, and it will result in a Vigor roll at TN:72 and deal a maximum of 1 Wound (ex criticals).

Obviously, my conceptualization is far from law (a big thanks to Pedro for chiming in!) - that's just how I've personally envisioned the intent.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:03 pm 

Rotten Capering wrote:
Interesting. The Team Attack "Effect" description as written in my hardcopy reads: "Weapon; this maneuver must be performed 1 tick after or during the same tick as an ally's successful attack. Add your ally's damage to your own for the sole purpose of determining if your attack dealt Massive Damage (see below)."

My version doesn't include the "...that did not cause a Wound." portion.

All of our copies say the same as yours. The above is a proposed rewrite by Southernskies

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 pm 

EddieS wrote:
All of our copies say the same as yours. The above is a proposed rewrite by Southernskies

Haha - thanks! I missed that since it was in a quote box. My bad.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4