Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Magical Items
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:37 pm 

I notice that in the Survivors Guide, The Mystic has armor with a sigil on it giving him benefits of the Armor power. That lead me to a question: Is there a way, similar to the visionary advantage, that you can make items based off of magic instead of tech? Is there a version of Visionary that is magic based?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Magical Items
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:30 pm 

There is no Advantage for doing this. It is a function of the Power Source used to create the item.

In theory, a Mystic could go into the item creation business (using the Removable Item Flaw to 'build' items). This is also specifically the only way that a Mystic/The Chosen can gain new Powers. Note that Mystic/The Chosen also have a limited selection of Powers they *can* add, as "A Set Path" locks their single allowed External Power Source. Mystic/Practitioners have broader options to make Removable Items, but are constrained by their 'Limits of Knowledge'.

Not all Sources are equal after Hero Creation. Visionary may look attractive, but the XP cost (and limited Perk options) of building new items is murderous.

Your local E-I-C may create a new Advantage for you, but I don't think it is worthwhile.

Offline Profile