Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Unique items and special tricks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:58 pm 

What are the limits of special tricks for unique items? I'm looking at a couple of things for firearms.

First was applying it to change the magazine size on a small machine gun to be a bit larger, since there is a huge gap between 40 and 200 round capacities. I was thinking 75 to 100.

Second was about converting an internal magazine weapon to a box magazine with a higher capacity. The thought is to reflect something like a DMR or semi auto Sniper rifle with 10-15 round magazine.

While I know the answer of whatever works for a home game I also was brainstorming for the living campaign and wanted something a little more official in case I want to use this in the living game.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Unique items and special tricks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 pm 

When you look at the current autofire rules, if anything you want *smaller* magazines.

ie. Full Auto - Spray.
Doesn't matter if you have a 10 round magazine or 200 round drum, its empty in one action.

Makes it worthless for the weapon that should be using it (machine guns).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 am 

Oh I'm well aware that auto fire just wastes ammo. There is exactly 1 situation where I would ever use it, large numbers of zombies that are part of a mobile in a single area and I can't use something else like a grenade. The use of increased magazine capacity would be to use burst fire through a fight without having to reload.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:46 pm 

As a note for my modified game I took this the other way. I just took an assault rifle and its trick was to be chambered in a higher caliber than normal. So its like the character is running around with a Beowulf rifle. It fit into each of the niches as it reloaded quickly and could go single or burst fire with a heavier round.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:08 pm 

Hi all

In regards to the Living Campaign, I am still working on the guide, but I am aiming for a gritty campaign where Ammo is quite hard to find.

The rules I am working with is that

1. you get 5 rounds per game as a freebie (disappear at the end of the game if not used.)
2. It can be found in game and is listed on the Chronicle page
3. Can be purchased in lots of 20 for 1AP
4. Special attacks (ie sprays) can be done once per game as a theatrical move without expending ammo

The idea is to make it so that powers become more important as they are renewable resources.

But I am hoping to get the draft done early this week so I can send it to my editing team for 1st review and then to the payer base for comments.

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile