Last visit was: It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Enhanced Attribute (Vi) and Wounds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:32 pm 

The rulebook has that Stamina is always calculated using your 'raw' stats.

Wounds does not have the same note. Should it? If not, how do you apply Wounds after 'switching off' the Power (ie. Tech Hero removing their armour).

My feeling (at least for Power Armour) is that the 'extra' wounds would be applied to the armour and require repair.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Enhanced Attribute (Vi) and Wounds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:11 pm 

I would say it's up to the GM. If I was GMing, I'd probably say that Wounds are calculated the same way as Stamina when it comes to modifiers. However, I'm not entirely sold on it. If a player could give me a good explanation why their power armor supplies them with more wound potential, I would be fine with rolling with it.

It's one of those things that I don't feel really breaks the game if you allow it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Enhanced Attribute (Vi) and Wounds
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:56 pm 

I say roll with it. I've always allowed it because the power is enhancing your vigor, but the player needs to remember if that power gets negated they suddenly lose the additional vigor and their max wounds drops appropriately. That may be enough to kill them if they have already been wounded.

For the power armor example, lets say it is some kind of a life support system. The hero has just finished a battle and suffered multiple wounds, as the power of their suit fails and they no longer have that additional life support giving them pure Oxygen or injecting them with artificial adrenaline to keep their body functioning they die without aid from another hero.

Offline Profile