Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Character Sheet Example
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:09 pm 

I know that there are example characters and people have posted builds on the forum but the character sheets in the book have boxes that I'm not sure what goes into. If there was an example of a filled out sheet, even better one with notations for what goes where and it's location in the rulebook it would be appreciated.

Also a printer friendly character sheet.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Character Sheet Example
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:02 pm 

Hello,

wgiver wrote:
but the character sheets in the book have boxes that I'm not sure what goes into. .

What boxes are you referring to?

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:37 am 

Thanks for the swift response. I just started going through the book about a week ago and I am trying to get a handle on the system to potentially run a game.

There are three slots in the pace entry and I'm not sure what goes into each. Is it base pace and then flying and leaping, if so which does it matter which box they go into?

In the attacks boxes the first line is [Attack (Bonus/att/def)]. I'm pretty sure bonus is the to hit, and ATT is the attribute die rolled to hit but what is Def? Is that which defense (Avoidance, Fortitude or Discipline) the attack targets? Is that for when powers have a secondary effect or is there some other way to have an attack which targets a non-standard defense?

Finally what are Talents? Is this where Advantages are supposed to go?

Again if there is anywhere that you can find an example of a character sheet that has been filled out it would be appreciated also a printer friendly version of the sheet would be awesome.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:53 pm 

wgiver wrote:
There are three slots in the pace entry and I'm not sure what goes into each. Is it base pace and then flying and leaping, if so which does it matter which box they go into?

Not really, but for simplicity's sake it is easier to place them as Base Pace, followed by any other (such as flying, swimming, burrowing, etc, etc, etc).

wgiver wrote:
In the attacks boxes the first line is [Attack (Bonus/att/def)]. I'm pretty sure bonus is the to hit, and ATT is the attribute die rolled to hit but what is Def? Is that which defense (Avoidance, Fortitude or Discipline) the attack targets? Is that for when powers have a secondary effect or is there some other way to have an attack which targets a non-standard defense?

There are times when a typical attack (such as a Prowess attack hitting Avoidance) doesn't hit its typical defense (there might be times a PR attack targets DISCIPLINE for example), also when one has to input a non-typical attack data in that slot (ex: a Might based attack targeting Fortitude).

wgiver wrote:
Finally what are Talents? Is this where Advantages are supposed to go?

Talents are, for inherent purposes, advantages.

wgiver wrote:
Again if there is anywhere that you can find an example of a character sheet that has been filled out it would be appreciated also a printer friendly version of the sheet would be awesome.

There used to be a pre-gen page to download on the Rotted Capes portion of Paradigm's main site, it had several characters filled out. I'll inquire with Pedro regarding those pre-gens. I've also been bugging him for an updated version of a form-fillable sheet. But I know his plate has been hella-full in that last several months.

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:09 am 

I think the pre-gens are still available on the website but they don't use the character sheet.

Maybe I can set up a character on a PDF version of the character sheet,

Echo... send me one of your million and a half characters... something with a lot of "bits" if you know what I mean.

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:32 pm 

PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
Echo... send me one of your million and a half characters... something with a lot of "bits" if you know what I mean.

:lol:

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile