Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My Groups Quick Reference Guide on Rules
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:05 pm 

Thanks so much for the help everyone here has given me this past week. I haven't been this dedicated to learning a system since ever!

My group tried Rotted Capes out a year or so ago and we had a hard time with it. However, after getting a chance to play it with StatMonkey running a session at Origins, I knew that the system works wonderfully. While my group was hesitant to go back since they didn't think the system meshed with how we play (extremely rules light), I convinced them to let me run another game.

And I did! And they had a blast. And now our usual GM is back to running his Rotted Capes' game which is great!

Anyways, I've been working on a quick reference guide about how to do most of the rolls in game. This doesn't cover character creation nor powers so much, but this guide helps us because it's uses small words and a million of examples.

Feel free to give it a look. If you see any errors, please inform me. I think I have everything correct.

Our Rotted Capes Quick Reference Sheet

Last edited by TheMindfulFool on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: My Groups Quick Reference Guide on Rules
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:40 pm 

I really enjoy this at a first glance, and with permission I'd love to print it out to give to a new player who'll be sitting at my table this weekend.

No immediate criticisms or suggestions, though it seemed a little odd to me to list the combat maneuvers and not the powers, but I understand doing so as an issue of space/information overload. Really good job!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:19 pm 

By all means! Print away. This is free for anyone to print out and use.

As for the information being shared, I'll continue to update it as I move through the book. This mostly is for things that my group had a hard time with. As I said earlier, we are very rules light so having everything spelled out with examples helped us out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:01 pm 

TheMindfulFool wrote:
Thanks so much for the help everyone here has given me this past week. I haven't been this dedicated to learning a system since ever!

My group tried Rotted Capes out a year or so ago and we had a hard time with it. However, after getting a chance to play it with StatMonkey running a session at Origins, I knew that the system works wonderfully. While my group was hesitant to go back since they didn't think the system meshed with how we play (extremely rules light), I convinced them to let me run another game.

And I did! And they had a blast. And now our usual GM is back to running his Rotted Capes' game which is great!

Anyways, I've been working on a quick reference guide about how to do most of the rolls in game. This doesn't cover character creation nor powers so much, but this guide helps us because it's uses small words and a million of examples.

Feel free to give it a look. If you see any errors, please inform me. I think I have everything correct.

Our Rotted Capes Quick Reference Sheet

Good Work...

you know, if you want I can email you a package with the fonts and a few minor elements so you can make it look more "rotted capes"

BTW you have NO IDEA how happy this post made me... no idea at all..

are you all posting more pods casts of the game? I loved listening to them!

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:40 pm 

Yup! This month we are going back to Rotted Capes. We explored the universe a little with side stories using other systems cause we wanted to see how they compared but Rotted Capes is really one of a kind. There is no system out there where you play B-List heroes in a survival horror like atmosphere.

And I'd love the package. Would love to make everything seem more like Rotted Capes :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:30 am 

TheMindfulFool wrote:
Yup! This month we are going back to Rotted Capes. We explored the universe a little with side stories using other systems cause we wanted to see how they compared but Rotted Capes is really one of a kind. There is no system out there where you play B-List heroes in a survival horror like atmosphere.

And I'd love the package. Would love to make everything seem more like Rotted Capes :D

send me a message with your email!

:)

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile