Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wounds in Rotted Capes
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:07 am 

Hi,

Big fan of Rotted Capes. I have a question concerning wounds.

My players are a fan of doing the Team Attack in order to wound my Super Z's. This is fantastic since they are now learning the importance of working together. With the team attack, I know that they get to add their damage together for massive damage.

Say I have three players going at One, Two, and Three on the clock. The first does 10 points of damage, the next does 8, and the other does 12. So, in all, they do thirty points of damage which is easily over the Super Z's Fortitude. The Super Z gets to roll it's Vigor vs the damage suffered and they roll a 20. So, they fail by ten.

Now this is the question we have in my group. Do they suffer 1 wound or do they suffer 2? In the book, it says they suffer a wound if they lose their roll by five or more. I saw that as meaning that the Super Z would only suffer 1 wound regardless if it lost by five or by thirty. But my group was wondering if they can do additional wounds for every five points they are over the Super Z's vigor. So, in the above case, since they are over by ten, they'd do 2 wounds to it.

I think I made sense with this. If not, I can try to clarify more.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Wounds in Rotted Capes
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:10 am 

TheMindfulFool wrote:
Hi,

Big fan of Rotted Capes. I have a question concerning wounds.

My players are a fan of doing the Team Attack in order to wound my Super Z's. This is fantastic since they are now learning the importance of working together. With the team attack, I know that they get to add their damage together for massive damage.

Say I have three players going at One, Two, and Three on the clock. The first does 10 points of damage, the next does 8, and the other does 12. So, in all, they do thirty points of damage which is easily over the Super Z's Fortitude. The Super Z gets to roll it's Vigor vs the damage suffered and they roll a 20. So, they fail by ten.

Now this is the question we have in my group. Do they suffer 1 wound or do they suffer 2? In the book, it says they suffer a wound if they lose their roll by five or more. I saw that as meaning that the Super Z would only suffer 1 wound regardless if it lost by five or by thirty. But my group was wondering if they can do additional wounds for every five points they are over the Super Z's vigor. So, in the above case, since they are over by ten, they'd do 2 wounds to it.

I think I made sense with this. If not, I can try to clarify more.

welcome!!!

You are correct they would suffer only 1 wound.... its not "for every X points they fail their save" the wording was "if they fail by X or more"

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:16 pm 

Ahah. Yup, I figured as much. I explained to them that the reason why you don't want it the other way around is because it would be pretty disappointing if a Super Z clocked you suddenly for four wounds of damage. That would vanquish any one of them instantly.

We will keep the ruling that if you do a Critical hit (two 10s on the action dice), you get to do an automatic wound as well as see if you can do an additional wound with just trying to do massive damage on the enemy.

Thanks, Pedro!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:41 pm 

TheMindfulFool wrote:
We will keep the ruling that if you do a Critical hit (two 10s on the action dice), you get to do an automatic wound as well as see if you can do an additional wound with just trying to do massive damage on the enemy.

Thanks, Pedro!

That's the way it works in Arcanis. With the right attack and a Vulnerable target, it is possible to do 6 wounds in one attack (Wound from attack manoeuvre, Wound from "00" crit, Wound from Massive Damage; doubled due to Vulnerability).

I don't have Rotted Capes, but it may be possible here as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:12 am 

TheMindfulFool wrote:
Ahah. Yup, I figured as much. I explained to them that the reason why you don't want it the other way around is because it would be pretty disappointing if a Super Z clocked you suddenly for four wounds of damage. That would vanquish any one of them instantly.

Thanks, Pedro!

Ahhh I miss understood....

yes if you roll a critical strike & do enough damage to score a wound.. you DO deal two wounds.

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:55 am 

Nope, you answered the original question correctly. I just was checking to see if they still had the opportunity to do two wounds if they did a crit hit.

Thanks for answering, Pedro! Appreciate it!

Offline Profile