Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Power Armor Power Modification
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:51 pm 

Hello,

I was wondering under the Power Armor flaw there is a limitation that says you may apply additional power modifications but they are limited to specific ones. I was wonder what the "Static" power modification was referring to or if it was simply a power mod that was going to be put in but was removed.

In the same vein I was also wondering how many different External Power Sources you would allow a Tech Hero to have at character creation or 150xp.

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Power Armor Power Modification
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:15 pm 

Tarrant12 wrote:

I was wondering under the Power Armor flaw there is a limitation that says you may apply additional power modifications but they are limited to specific ones. I was wonder what the "Static" power modification was referring to or if it was simply a power mod that was going to be put in but was removed.

Greetings and welcome to the boards!

Static was removed from the book and will appear in a future book… sadly we ran out of space and I had to cut quite a few things from the final manuscript.

Tarrant12 wrote:

In the same vein I was also wondering how many different External Power Sources you would allow a Tech Hero to have at character creation or 150xp.

That’s up to each individual editor.

For example, a character I created possessed a suit of power armor and sonic cannon which possessed its own power source.

As an aside, the way the Power Armor flaw is written, it has its own (1) power source…

Keep in mind, the more power sources you have, the more chances things can go wrong during a scene…

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:54 pm 

On this note I have a question.

I am building a tech/heavy hero who has a suit of power armor.

The powers I have chosen are Armor, Enhanced Attack (sword of light), Enhanced Attack (die bump for sword of light), Life Support and Wireless.

Do I now apply the Power Armor flaw to each power getting me 15 points to put back into power ranks or is it just one application that covers all the powers and I only get 3 points?

Also do I get the Removable Item points or is that just a rider that comes with Power Armor?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:39 pm 

krugerannd wrote:
On this note I have a question.

I am building a tech/heavy hero who has a suit of power armor.

The powers I have chosen are Armor, Enhanced Attack (sword of light), Enhanced Attack (die bump for sword of light), Life Support and Wireless.

Do I now apply the Power Armor flaw to each power getting me 15 points to put back into power ranks or is it just one application that covers all the powers and I only get 3 points?

Yes, you apply the rank adjustment to each power which is part of the power armor.

krugerannd wrote:
Also do I get the Removable Item points or is that just a rider that comes with Power Armor?

It's just part of the package and as such you don't get the bonus ranks for removable item

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:39 pm 

PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
Tarrant12 wrote:

Greetings and welcome to the boards!

Static was removed from the book and will appear in a future book… sadly we ran out of space and I had to cut quite a few things from the final manuscript.

So quick question. Now that we have static there is a conflict I was wondering about. Static states that it can't be combined with other flaws. So which one wins the conflict static for being the newer printing or power armor for being more specific?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:41 pm 

[strike]It would the same way "allskill" works. Remove all other flaws when you apply "static".[/strike]

Had a read of the book today at game day. Not the Flaw I thought it was.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:37 am 

Hmmm.....

Reading it another time and it does seem to conflict with the Power Source rules. (Without Errata, I've realised that a Tech and a Mystic/The Chosen can't learn an All-Skill power either; yet EVERY OTHER Power Source can.)

:Edit: problem fixed in final release version of book.

Offline Profile