Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Campaign Guide
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:18 am 

The Campaign guide will be written in the next few weeks. My goal is to have it ready by the time the book is in hands. In the meantime, you will basically get what I'm heading for by using the Heroic level when you build.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:02 am 

Harliquinn wrote:
Some guidelines:

1) There should be good GM incentives for 'eating' modules if necessary. Basically rewarding a GM with full rewards for eating the module or for running it for a table of players who haven't played is a good step.

I understand the award when one eats a mod - but is there something gained for people who GM mods they have played? (or is that just another form of replay credit?)

TIA

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:19 pm 

Same as replay

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:08 pm 

As we approach GenCon I begin working on Version 2 of the campaign guide. Anything you think I should bring up?

I will be opening much of Cities of Mystery for play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:16 pm 

I think a guideline on reducing Avoidance not being possible for a wager if your avoidance is already 0 makes sense in the guide.

Therefore if you have a 0 Avoidance already (due to armor or something else) you can't use tricks or wagers that require reducing your Avoidance. Otherwise it's free advantages.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:26 pm 

I'd prefer that be errata for the book, rather than something specific to the campaign. I think that the campaign guide should reflect rules which are needed for the specific story being told through the campaign, or possibly restrictions based on its shared nature (e.g. only so many Hero Points may be awarded in an adventure per PC, so that there isn't a wide disparity based on different GMs' playstyles).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:30 pm 

There will be better guidelines for Hero Point dispersal. Eric and I had a long talk about errata and there will be that coming as well

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:32 pm 

Frankly the list is pretty short, but I want to make sure that clarifications are distinct from changes and that the wording is put together in the best manner.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:58 pm 

CBlome wrote:
There will be better guidelines for Hero Point dispersal. Eric and I had a long talk about errata and there will be that coming as well

For the former, I hope so. I saw three HP given out across three modules.
(( And most of the time, people Were happily playing both vices and virtues to their own detriment and to the general enjoyment of the tables... as an example of a spot where a HP could/should be awarded. ))

I'd be keen to learn what the scope of the errata might be. Cleaning up the wording of certain things (to close loopholes or ensure clarity)? Or actual changes to mechanics?
I ask as someone who questions the notion of playing 10 to 15 adventures in order to learn one greater rite (as an example of my general concerns about the point-costs for talents and rites :)).

Ooh, ooh, and maybe the Aid Another action could be codified? 8-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:26 pm 

Iceman wrote:
CBlome wrote:

I'd be keen to learn what the scope of the errata might be. Cleaning up the wording of certain things (to close loopholes or ensure clarity)?

Just a short list of examples:

Clarification (not errata):
Defenses can be reduced to zero
One cannot Wager a resource one does not have (I am kind of annoyed at this question)
Regardless of the TN, once must get 1 success to succeed (stated multiple times in the book)
Spelling out Character Rank in more detail.

Errata:
Adding an Assist Ally use for skills
Some language corrections

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next