Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Campaign Guide
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:43 am 

Between now and when the book hits the shelves I will be completing a Witch Hunter: Revelations Campaign Guide.

Here is where you can speak up for what you think should and shouldn't be in it.

As of this moment:

There will be some form of replay to encourage people to make tables. I am not a fan of replay, but with a campaign of this size it makes sense to encourage folks to sit the tables.

There will most likely be a Hero Point limit. Now is your chance to speak up on it. My current feeling is to set it at 10.

It's probably safe to say the campaign will be rated somewhere between PG-13 and R with more emphasis on the R. I want to encourage people to play but this is a horror campaign and I want to scare you. It's probably not going to be a great sandbox for children to play in. Of course you know your kids and can make that decision, I just want to make that known.

The power level of the campaign will be Heroic as per Page 100 of the Core Book.

Speak up for any current concerns/ideas/suggestions.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Campaign Guide
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:30 pm 

You know...here's a thought.

Right now, True Faith is EXPENSIVE. You pretty much have to bank 10 HP before you can raise your TF one point.

What if, for replays, you don't give Survival Points at all, or maybe just a pittance (like 1:5, so 5 SP max instead of 15). Instead, you offer HPs as a carrot. The only way a player is ever going to raise their True Faith at a decent rate is to replay. So let them. You'll probably want to monkey with the ratio but I can see this being a pretty big incentive in the LC.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:33 pm 

To me, True Faith is something that should be awarded through play more easily than through purchase. Expect to see opportunities for that in play. (There's already opportunity(ies) for Damnation).

Thanks for point that out though. I'd missed it in my views.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:17 pm 

Some guidelines:

1) There should be good GM incentives for 'eating' modules if necessary. Basically rewarding a GM with full rewards for eating the module or for running it for a table of players who haven't played is a good step.

2) Keep 'restrictions' to a minimum if possible (i.e. disallowed character mechanics)

3) I would mention in the campaign rules about the Kickstarter rewards so that GM's are aware of who received the award and what it generally entails.

That's it for now :)

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:32 pm 

1) GMs will get full credit for eating/running a module

2) We'll only limit when we absolutely have to.

3) I will point out the Kickstarter rewards but the rules for them will be on the certs given to those who won them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:21 am 

I'm not that keen on replay but I can understand how it might be necessary. I'd suggest either limiting 2nd+ play to just SP and monies. No certed rewards. Alternatively, a separate cert could be provided that gives SP (but probably nothing else?) to another character from that same player. (Example, Jack plays his PC Frankel through all available mods, then he gets pulled into mod #2 again. At the end of the mod, Jack the player get a cert for SP for his new character Alexander.)

I tend to think that GM should receive the best treatment possible for eating mods, however 'special' rewards are difficult. Maybe increase SP gain by +50% or +25% to compensate?

It might be helpful to create a table sign in card that collect the following info for each character: name, ethnicity, religion, order, catalyst, true faith, damnation, vice & virtue.

I like the idea of PG-13 to R rating. Might be a good idea to put a disclaimer in from of mods to encourage GMs to tone-up or tone-down the story as best fits the table.

Heroic buy works, but to focus more on a survival game the lower level might be cool?

I think that some sort of mechanic for character death might be a good idea. Maybe kick forward 50% of earned SP to a new character?

Also Clint, I found a number of issue with the rules in the PDF, should I send them to you? Post them somewhere hear on the boards? They likely need ironed out before book printing.

-John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:30 am 

John,

Please send any and all possible errata to me at PCIHenry <AT> gmail <DOT> com

Thank you,

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 pm 

I know the campaign guide isn't out, but I have people who would like to build characters. Is that not possible right now?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:52 pm 

Hello Devin,

Actually, the Witch Hunter 2nd Edition Core rulebook PDF just went on sale.

Here's the link:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/123055/Wi ... nd-Edition

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:45 pm 

Lol. I have the PDF. Kicked it. I can't build my character until my special character option shows up and Brandy can't until hers and the additional Orders PDF shows up.

How do I build a person for the campaign? I have U-Con players who are ready to dive into the game and would like to build characters for the campaign.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next