Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Kickstarter Relics
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:43 pm 

Are there rules for Grandmasters in terms of being able to steal/destroy/take away if there are folks with 15 of them? I assume they are not really able to be affected since people paid real money for them but I thought to ask.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:58 am 

John,

You seem to have a real issue with this. It's only one person with the 15 minor relics in question, so your post is basically asking how to act against that one person.

I don't think that's a proper stance to take. It was thanks to the gentleman in question that pledged an inordinate amount of money to make sure all of YOU would be able to get the book from the final stretch goal. As such, he took (and frankly, we gave) what we could to account for the amount pledged.

I hope this puts things in perspective and this line of reasoning ends.

Thank you!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 am 

::shrug:: in terms of organized play, I don't think it's either unbalancing or game breaking. Maybe a bit cheese weasely, but I've seen far worse. The guy who drops $150 on the kickstarter is going to come to the table to play. And may even bring a few friends along. And that is a good thing.

I would also point out that, as a GM, best not to get lost in the weeds over this. However you feel about the award, I know I would be PISSED if some con GM started arbitrarily looting my character of a benefit he had paid for (fair and square and with the blessings of the publishers). I can think of very few instances where that would be alright. And bothering with it would just eat up time, which is unfair to the other players at the table.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:54 am 

I have to way of knowing that only one person had done this, so you are correct that it's not a big deal. My concern was sitting down at table after table with people carrying around a treasure trove of relics and how to deal with it, if at all.

I was asking preemptively to avoid any issues should it come up at a table.

Given the answers, I believe I can safely assume then that people who paid for special characters can be fairly certain their characters are not going to be killed in an adventure, unless they do something specifically intended to do so.

For me, the matter is closed, thank you.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:35 am 

Hello,

Harliquinn wrote:
Given the answers, I believe I can safely assume then that people who paid for special characters can be fairly certain their characters are not going to be killed in an adventure, unless they do something specifically intended to do so.

No, John, that is an incorrect assumption.

Anyone can die in an adventure.

You were asking, specifically, how to target these relics fr destruction. That's what I was referring to.

Now I believe, the matter is closed.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:45 pm 

Sorry to make such a big deal! I just wanted the Kickstarter to be successful and certainly wanted to get something for the money I doled out :D Thought that the relics would be an easy one to do and did not seem too overpowered.

But regardless, the +1D bump is not turning out to be such a big deal for the character in terms of making him overpowered by any means! Indeed, in the first Revalation s campaign HP, Bedlam, it turns out the relics are not even able to be used due to the nature of the story, IMHO, so I am cool with it!

Thank to Henry and PCI for such a great game and to all of you for being such a great community!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:18 pm 

No worries, it's been cleared up and you're all good. My intent was never to target one person, it was to clarify the overall intent of the Kickstarter benefits and if anything should have been done. Henry's clarified.

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:48 am 

Has PCI asked everyone what their relics to be yet? Did I miss that email?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:52 am 

Deviknyte wrote:
Has PCI asked everyone what their relics to be yet? Did I miss that email?

There was an email sent out with a PDF for the relic, you fill it in.

John

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2