Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Is there a convention schedule for games - somewhere
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:24 am 

I can't make Winter Fantasy or Origins (timing issues) but I would like to play Revelations. Is there a convention schedule page somewhere where I could look at to plan vacations to make events?

Or is there a gathering where Revelations games are played in a weekend - I can travel - I just have to plan a long time in advance.

I am looking forward to getting the chance to play

Thanks in Advance

Paul

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Is there a convention schedule for games - somewhere
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:13 am 

up at the top of these forums is a forum called convention news and events, some of the conventions get put up there.

No idea where your located but you might need to find a judge and some other players to get in on this

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:38 am 

SamhainIA wrote:
up at the top of these forums is a forum called convention news and events, some of the conventions get put up there.

No idea where your located but you might need to find a judge and some other players to get in on this

Thank you,

locally is unlikely. Once Witch Hunter: Dark Providence was big in the Metro Atlanta area and then it basically became a wasteland for it. I had hoped it would appear at DragonCon last year but I did not see it (and I learned in the last campaign to not judge that which I had not yet played, or play-tested (or wrote but that was a very small number).

I will check out the convention forum

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:47 pm 

Another option (one that is not getting used as much as I would have liked) is on the Revelations.ParadigmCampaigns.com site. If you go to the "Events" tab, you can search for events within X miles/kilometers from a given postal code. The page works fine. However this only searches for public events that were created in the system. That is, if I decide to host a WH:R game day at my local game store, I should log in to the campaign site (Revelations.ParadigmCampaigns.com) and create a new event. When I create that event, I should make sure the the "Public" check box is checked. If I do that, then anytime someone searches for events within the area, it will show up. (Private events/home games won't show up on this search page.)

The goal is for every event to download the latest adventure(s) and report your results. This helps PCI determine what is being played and roughly where it's being played. Information that can help them to make informed decisions about adventures, special events, campaigns, etc. The more we can get people to use that system, the better off we will be.

:)
Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:35 pm 

DeadZone wrote:
Another option (one that is not getting used as much as I would have liked) is on the Revelations.ParadigmCampaigns.com site. If you go to the "Events" tab, you can search for events within X miles/kilometers from a given postal code. The page works fine. However this only searches for public events that were created in the system.
:)
Scott

I tried that location - I looked for events within 50,500 & 5000 miles of my zip code and got no results for any of them - so I figured it might not be working.

Thanks again

I'll linger around to see if anything shows up - maybe next year I can go to Origins

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:39 pm 

There's several events for Arcanis. It''s working. There just aren't any public events for WH in there, yet.

Also, it filters by country. So even if you enter a radius of a million miles, you're only going to see events in your selected country (or online.)

Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:49 pm 

DeadZone wrote:
Also, it filters by country. So even if you enter a radius of a million miles, you're only going to see events in your selected country (or online.)

Scott

i figured it was country specific, but travelling out of the country will have to wait - hopefully when they have more games out someplace will do a Weekend of Revelation - and have most of the early games available.

I already have two character back stories - and characters in process - and no prospect to play soon.

Offline Profile