Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WHR After the game questions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:09 am 

Ok, first WHR session on Roll20 was a rousing success. We went over time about an hour (which I almost expected given the VTT aspect) but cultists died, players cheered, and hero points were cashed! So now, in the bloody aftermath, I have a few administration questions given this is my first WHR round to run.

1) any particular procedure preferred for digital adventure journals? I've turned the Lost Child AJ into a form fillable journal with all my info in there (email address for sig). Is this acceptable?

2) does campaign HQ need any forms? Details of the adventure outcome? Player list?

3) SP Awards. The adventure proscribes a max of 5 SPs for success on all counts. There are a few players I would really like to single out for outstanding play. Is it acceptable to award them an extra SP (6 total) or do I need to limit everyone else to 4 SP to make that distinction?

Thanks!
Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: WHR After the game questions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:55 am 

<== Not official campaign staff but a player :)

1) I generally in the past have created a 'digital signature' (where you write it and the PDF converts it to an image) and used that. Not sure there's an official one. Others have just printed their name and email.

2) If it's the Adventure 2-1, I'd say report to Clint the results. If it's in the previous story arc, I'm not sure any of those are still being tracked.

3) Hero Points are the 'currency' to reward exceptional RP, good team playing, etc. Earning HP's in the adventure is the only way to increase True Faith. Giving additional SP's will generally result in lopsided characters, while HP will let the character accomplish more in the module (By keeping for rolls) or advance True Faith and become a more dedicated Witch Hunter.

NOTE: If this is incorrect, let me know but this has been my general guidance.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:52 am 

Harliquinn wrote:
Hero Points are the 'currency' to reward exceptional RP, good team playing, etc. Earning HP's in the adventure is the only way to increase True Faith. Giving additional SP's will generally result in lopsided characters, while HP will let the character accomplish more in the module (By keeping for rolls) or advance True Faith and become a more dedicated witch hunter.

John, trust me everyone came out well on hero points. Problem is hero points don't accumulate (other than banked for TF) and giving them for some moments of good play gives away the mystery. It's the difference of 1 SP, so I don't imagine I'm going to throw the campaign off kilter (not when the rules go with a 10 SP minimum vs 5 SP maximum for a published adventure). Like I said, if that is a hard limit I will adjust accordingly. Everyone played really well, but some people went above and beyond and I feel should have a tangible reward for such play.

Tom

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:42 pm 

1) Thats perfectly fin BluSponge, I like it.

2) We're not really tracking results of individual mods at this time

3) We can't give extra SP (Exp points of WH) or we'd see massive power curves and we couldn't plan for it. I'm fine with giving a little extra HP if a player does well as long as people are getting True Faith too easily.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:49 am 

Clint,

Glad the Bargainers finally let you come up for air. :D

CBlome wrote:
3) We can't give extra SP (Exp points of WH) or we'd see massive power curves and we couldn't plan for it. I'm fine with giving a little extra HP if a player does well as long as people are getting True Faith too easily.

We're talking the difference of 1 SP. Given my experience, that doesn't amount to a whole lot. But I really wanted some way to distinguish exceptional play that stayed within the boundaries of the rules. Unfortunately, offering 1 pt for "good" roleplaying doesn't permit me a lot of wiggle room, especially when blessed with an honest to God good group of players. My original plan was to award 2 points (for a total of 6) to the exceptional players. But I'll stick to the official guidelines even if it means grading on a curve.

Unless I missed something in the WHR guidelines, players can still never bank more than 1 HP towards True Faith per session, right?

Tom

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:59 pm 

1 SP alone doesn't amount to much, but when everyone starts giving it every mod (and some would) it quickly builds up.

I'll double check on the HP ruling when I get home.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:27 am 

Blusponge wrote:
Unless I missed something in the WHR guidelines, players can still never bank more than 1 HP towards True Faith per session, right?

Tom

Oops, if this is a rule, it's a rule I've missed and not enforced. Would love to know so I can correct that going forward.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile