Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Collated Errata + FAQ queries
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 pm 

Anything further on the Superior/Exceptional gear cost inconsistency? And whether there is a mechanical benefit?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:42 pm 

Why is it an inconsistency? Are there conflicting details in the book?

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:58 pm 

Since this seems to be a more general question thread...

For the purpose of effects like Power of Faith, and of rites like Halo of Awe, Judgment, and Holy Weapon, should we assume that an opponent's Hell's Favor is equal to its Damnation?

Can the animist's Knit the Flesh rite target anyone or just the shaman himself? The effect suggests the latter, but the Boost suggests the former.

Is there a limit to how high a PC's ability can be raised, given enough survivor points? I know creation limits to 4, but is there anything beyond that?

Errata:
The index says that Powerful Attack is on page 118 and Power of Faith is 119. These should be 188 and 189, respectively.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:07 pm 

Yes,
Equipment section says double cost, the craft skill information says triple cost.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:26 pm 

Envious/Covetous sin on page 144: Does the roll result which gets copied have to apply to a roll of the same type (as in the first sentence) or can it apply to any roll (as in the last sentence)?

I noticed that Prayer rites also list a True Faith. Since True Faith is needed to buy the various levels of Prayer, most of them are redundant. But then I wondered: is there a rule that if you no longer meet the requirement for a talent, you can no longer use it? There's one like that in D&D, but I didn't see it in Witch Hunter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm 

HeridFel wrote:
For the purpose of effects like Power of Faith, and of rites like Halo of Awe, Judgment, and Holy Weapon, should we assume that an opponent's Hell's Favor is equal to its Damnation?

Envious/Covetous sin on page 144: Does the roll result which gets copied have to apply to a roll of the same type (as in the first sentence) or can it apply to any roll (as in the last sentence)?

Can the animist's Knit the Flesh rite target anyone or just the shaman himself? The effect suggests the latter, but the Boost suggests the former.

Any chance of getting these answered before Winter Fantasy? The other questions I had in this thread were also unanswered, but they won't affect starting characters.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:51 am 

HeridFel wrote:
HeridFel wrote:

Any chance of getting these answered before Winter Fantasy? The other questions I had in this thread were also unanswered, but they won't affect starting characters.

Power of Faith (et al): These trigger on Damnation, so I do not understand the reference to Hell's Favor.

Envious: Same type, not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that last sentence.

Knit the Flesh: It can heal others

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:12 pm 

PCI Eric wrote:
HeridFel wrote:
HeridFel wrote:

Power of Faith (et al): These trigger on Damnation, so I do not understand the reference to Hell's Favor.

That's the problem. I've looked at all the NPCs listed in the book, and none of them have Damnation listed as part of their statistics. I don't think that it's supposed to be impossible to use Power of Faith, Halo of Awe, etc., but that's how it stands now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:37 pm 

HeridFel wrote:
That's the problem. I've looked at all the NPCs listed in the book, and none of them have Damnation listed as part of their statistics. I don't think that it's supposed to be impossible to use Power of Faith, Halo of Awe, etc., but that's how it stands now.

I see that. I looks like my coauthor removed those from the stat blocks and I failed to notice. I will examine it and provide a small errata soon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 pm 

All rites and effects that check against Damnation, also check against Hell's Favor - using the higher of the two values if the target possesses both. Anything that states it does not function against creatures without Damnation also functions against creatures with Hell's Favor.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next