Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Collated Errata + FAQ queries
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:57 pm 

Errata

Pg110 Leadership (Courage); the example gives Easy (D2), but the rule it is showing would require an additional D5 (for the group size of 10 mercenaries).

Pg106-120 Skill Foci are listed for most of the Fighting and Sorcerous skills even though forbidden from taking them!

Pg114 Hermeticism is missing its attribute/category tags.

Pg114 Marksman is missing is attribute/category tags.

Pg114 Necromancy is missing is attribute/category tags.

Pg115 Prayer is missing is attribute/category tags.

Pg124 Armor Piercing Shot: (sp) delete the final “worn” from the text.

Pg128 Iron Fisted: “…the DM for your unarmed attacks increased by +1d."

Pg137 Meeting the Charge: Great sword is listed for both Greater and Heroic. Broad sword should be listed for Heroic.

Pg167 Table 2-31: should be “Hurried (+D3 / +2S)” and “Reckless (+D5 / +4S)” instead of giving bonus die!

FAQ

Pg65-79 Step 2: Several backgrounds give “Speak Language (any one with Literacy)”. This is technically not possible (as no-one is Literate in a language at this step). The intent seems to be to give Literacy to their native language.

Pg65-79 Can Elective skill ranks be spent on Background skills?

Pg147 Goods and Gear; “Exceptional goods may go for twice the listed price…”. Craft on Pg.112 has the sale price as x3 for Superior goods. Long term, which is the appropriate term and cost? Also, is there any in-game effect for having Superior goods? (And can I buy them!)

Pg160+pg188 Cast a Rite: what action type is used for each rite? Only the number of rounds to prepare/cast are listed in the Rites.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Collated Errata + FAQ queries
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:31 am 

Southernskies wrote:
Errata

Pg106-120 Skill Foci are listed for most of the Fighting and Sorcerous skills even though forbidden from taking them!

I know the answer to this one. There's a difference between a skill focus (a subset of a skill) and a skill specialization (a subset of a skill that allows the character to succeed on 6+ rather than 7+). At this point, it's a very fine distinction, but it allows for future game mechanics to build off it. For example, page 100 says that Sorcerous Traditions have more focused versions of Specialization represented by Talents, but no such Talents yet exist.

Southernskies wrote:
Pg65-79 Step 2: Several backgrounds give “Speak Language (any one with Literacy)”. This is technically not possible (as no-one is Literate in a language at this step). The intent seems to be to give Literacy to their native language.

I'd argue that it is technically possible, because that's what the background does. :) It's similar to the way that some backgrounds hand out skill specializations along with their skills. In those backgrounds' case, they're giving two levels of Speak Language, but one of them must be devoted to literacy.

Southernskies wrote:
Pg147 Goods and Gear; “Exceptional goods may go for twice the listed price…”. Craft on Pg.112 has the sale price as x3 for Superior goods. Long term, which is the appropriate term and cost? Also, is there any in-game effect for having Superior goods? (And can I buy them!)

The only thing I found is that "Superior quality clothing grants a +1 die bonus to Charm rolls." (on page 150).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:56 am 

Southernskies wrote:

The way it is worded, I would think so. It says "Elective Options" first then Elective Skills. I read it as "any skill that isn't given as a Background Skill is an Elective Skill"

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:39 am 

That was my interpretation as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:25 am 

Southernskies wrote:

Yes, though 1st edition is more explicitly clear on this point, thanks to an example. But the answer is yes.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:43 pm 

What happens to unspent sp? Do you keep them, or do you loose any unspent ones?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:53 pm 

PeteZero wrote:
What happens to unspent sp? Do you keep them, or do you loose any unspent ones?

You keep it. Your total SP is used as a gauge to determine your character rank.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:00 pm 

HeridFel wrote:
I know the answer to this one. There's a difference between a skill focus (a subset of a skill) and a skill specialization (a subset of a skill that allows the character to succeed on 6+ rather than 7+). At this point, it's a very fine distinction, but it allows for future game mechanics to build off it. For example, page 100 says that Sorcerous Traditions have more focused versions of Specialization represented by Talents, but no such Talents yet exist.

Right. Most skills have a focus (foci). Your character can Specialize in a Focus, except in the case of Fighting Skills (the Attack Focus Talent) and Sorcerous Traditions, though these skills technically have Foci, too.

What I've been doing is making a clear distinction between a Focus and a Specialization in play and in all player documentation. The more you can do to distinguish the two concepts, the easier it is in play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:18 pm 

Southernskies wrote:
Errata

Pg110 Leadership (Courage); the example gives Easy (D2), but the rule it is showing would require an additional D5 (for the group size of 10 mercenaries).

The Command example is not a match, I will have to look at it, but +5 successes seems awful, so I have to consider the change

Skill Foci are not something you choose, they are something you can specialize in, you may not specialize in certain skills. This is deliberate.

The Tags need a fix, I think I can still do that with the book.

Quote:
Pg124 Armor Piercing Shot: (sp) delete the final “worn” from the text.

Pg128 Iron Fisted: “…the DM for your unarmed attacks increased by +1d."

The DM is increased by 1, not by +1d. +1d would be a bonus to a roll, DM is a game attribute for weapons.

Quote:
Pg137 Meeting the Charge: Great sword is listed for both Greater and Heroic. Broad sword should be listed for Heroic.

Pg167 Table 2-31: should be “Hurried (+D3 / +2S)” and “Reckless (+D5 / +4S)” instead of giving bonus die!

It should indeed say "Broad Sword" for the Heroic maneuver

The table on 167 should reflect +3 or +5 Mastery the use of D is an artifact of the previous term for Mastery

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:22 pm 

Someone may be using the older PDF. Under Iron Fisted, it's already correct now that I see, Eric:

Iron Fisted (Greater)
Requirement: Strength 4
Description: A quick assessment of an object reveals its weaknesses,
giving you an edge when attempting to break it—be it a
door, chest, or wall. When rolling Strength to break an object,
you gain a +1d bonus. In addition, the Damage Modifier for
your unarmed attacks increases by +1.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next